HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Nearly 74,000 cases of frozen meals have been recalled because of possible Listeria contamination, which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and those who have weakened immune systems.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said Amy's Kitchen, Inc. is voluntarily recalling these products after receiving notice from an organic spinach supplier that Amy's may have received organic spinach with the organism. Although the company wasn't aware of any illness complaints related to the products, it decided to take safety measures.
Those who may contract Listeria monocytogenes may suffer short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea. It can also cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women, according to the FDA.
The following products are being recalled in the United States and Canada:
- Vegetable Lasagna, 12pk
- Vegetable Lasagna, CAN, 12pk
- Tofu Vegetable Lasagna, 12pk
- Garden Vegetable Lasagna, 12pk
- Tofu Scramble, 12pk
- Enchilada Verde Whole Meal, 12pk
- Spinach Pizza, 8 pk
- Brown Rice & Vegetables Bowl, 12 pk
- Stuffed Pasta Shells Bowl, 12 pk
- Vegetable Lasagna Multi Pk, 6/57, CLUB
- Vegetable Lasagna LIS, 12 pk
- Brown Rice & Vegetables Bowl LIS, 12 pk
- Gluten Free Tofu Scramble Breakfast Wrap, 12 pk
- Gluten Free Tofu Scramble Breakfast Wrap CAN, 12 pk
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Veg Lasagna, 12 pk
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Veg Lasagna, CAN, 12 pk
- Vegetable Lasagna, 8 pk
- Enchilada Verde Whole Meal, 8pk
- Family Size Vegetable Lasagna, 8 pk
For more details, click here.