Fire causes major damage to Manoa home

Fire causes major damage to Manoa home

MANOA, OAHU (HawaiiNewsNow) - A fire that engulfed a Manoa home on Woolsey Place on Wednesday has caused $350,000 in damage.

Fire crews first responded to the fire around 5:20 p.m., but flames had already engulfed the top story of the two-floor structure.

The fire reportedly was started when a person inside left something on the stove unattended.

One person was inside the home at the time of the fire but was able to get out safely and suffered only minor injuries.

The four people who lived at the home have since been displaced and are being assisted by the Red Cross.

Copyright 2015 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.