Woman dies after dropping her iPhone in the bath while charging - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Woman dies after dropping her iPhone in the bath while charging it

© Image courtesy of Apple © Image courtesy of Apple


By Williams Pelegrin
Provided by

Charging your iPhone has proven to be a dangerous endeavor in the past, but mixing chargers with water usually doesn't end well. Unfortunately for 24-year-old Evgenia Sviridenko, charging her phone while in the tub came at the cost of her life, reports the Mirror.

Sviridenko's flatmate, Yaroslav Dubinina said Sviridenko was checking out the Russian equivalent of Facebook, VKontakte, when she dropped her charging iPhone into the bath with her. Dubinina noticed her flatmate was taking an unusual amount of time in the bathroom, so she went and checked on her.

Related: This guy bought a knock-off iPhone charger and spent a week in the hospital

“I saw her phone which was on charge at the bottom of the bath,” Dubinina said. “Her body was still shaking from the shock.”

Unfortunately, Sviridenko didn't survive the shock. Police are investigating why the charger didn't cut out when it hit the water, but wouldn't say whether the charger was licensed by Apple.

Sviridenko is not the first person to have died from the likely use of an unlicensed charger, as an 18-year-old from China was found dead last August after a similar situation. Others got off relatively easy, as a Minnesota man was sent to the hospital last April after he used a knock-off iPhone charger.

This article was originally posted on Digital Trends

Content provided by
INFORMATIONAL DISCLAIMER The information contained on or provided through this site is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional financial or accounting advice. Always seek the advice of your accountant or other qualified personal finance advisor for answers to any related questions you may have. Use of this site and any information contained on or provided through this site is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.
Powered by Frankly