Hawai'i Pacific Health invites the public to a free community health event to learn about heart health for all ages on Saturday, Feb. 21, from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the Ala Moana Hotel, Hibiscus Ballroom. The "Valentine in Paradise" program will also be available via video conference at Pali Momi Medical Center in ?Aiea and Wilcox Memorial Hospital on Kaua'i.
Because cardiovascular diseases are highly preventable, understanding the risk factors can make a big difference in one's health. Hawai'i Pacific Health's family of hospitals – Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women & Children, Pali Momi Medical Center, Straub Clinic & Hospital, and Wilcox Memorial Hospital – provide a full spectrum of cardiovascular services, which will be highlighted at this event.
The featured speakers include:
· Dr. Andras Bratincsak, pediatric cardiologist at Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women & Children
· Dr. Alson Inaba, pediatric emergency medicine physician at Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women & Children
· Dr. Brandon Itagaki, cardiologist at Straub Clinic & Hospital
· Dr. John Kao, cardiologist at Pali Momi Medical Center
· Dr. Lorelei Repique, cardiologist at Straub Clinic & Hospital
· Marcie Nowack, bone health coordinator and exercise physiologist at Kapi'olani Women's Center
Topics that will be covered are:
Risk factors for heart disease Medications Procedures and testing Hands-only CPR Exercise demonstration Seating is limited.
For more information or to register, click here or call Hawai'i Pacific Health Conference Services at (808) 522-3469.