By JENNIFER SINCO KELLEHER
HONOLULU (AP) - A lawsuit filed by a retired soldier who swallowed needles in a Burger King sandwich is headed for trial after another attempt at a settlement failed.
Clark Bartholomew sued the fast-food chain after he said needles pierced his tongue and another got lodged in his small intestine after biting into a Triple Stacker on a Hawaii base in 2010.
A settlement conference was held earlier this week, and Bartholomew said he made a point to attend after a judge ordered him to pay nearly $8,500 for missing a previous meeting. Bartholomew says he spent $1,300 to travel to Honolulu from his home in Chantilly, Virginia.
His lawyer, Paul Saccoccio, says Burger King "didn't offer anything worthwhile."
Lawyers for the restaurant didn't immediately respond to requests for comment.
Trial is scheduled in Honolulu for March 2.