Kauai structure fire causes $70,000 in damages - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Kauai structure fire causes $70,000 in damages

Kauai Map New App Kauai Map New App
KILAUEA, KAUAI (HawaiiNewsNow) - Kauai fire officials say an unattended candle may have been the cause of a fire that broke out at a Kilauea home Saturday evening, resulting in $70,000 in damages. 

KFD responded to the two-story home around 9:40 p.m. after a neighbor reported that he heard the fire alarm and smelled smoke. 

Firefighters from the Hanalei, Kaiakea, Kapa'a and Lihue fire stations along with rescue specialists and a battalion chief responded to the fire.

Crews entered the home and were able to extinguished the fire shortly before 10:30 p.m. Firefighters also ventilated the home to prevent further smoke damage.

No one was at home when the fire broke out.

Fire inspectors are continuing their investigation.

Copyright 2015 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly