Chlorine gas leak reported at Sheraton Waikiki

Chlorine gas leak reported at Sheraton Waikiki

WAIKIKI (HawaiiNewsNow) - Honolulu firefighters responded Friday to a chlorine gas leak at the Sheraton Waikiki Hotel.

Firefighters received the alarm at approximately 7:25 a.m. and arrived on scene at 2255 Kalakaua Avenue. According to HFD, a lid wasn't secure to a pump system in the hotel's pool pump room resulting in a gas leak.

The restaurant area above the pool, pool area on the ground level and basement area below have been evacuated. There were no evacuations for guests in guest rooms.

Kalia Road has been closed as firefighters investigate.

Winds are light and calm so firefighters will use fans to ventilate the area.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2014 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.