Thanksgiving Day holiday schedule for Honolulu, Kauai county
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) -
City and County of Honolulu offices will be closed Thursday, November 27 in observance of Thanksgiving Day, a state and federal holiday.
· Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be available.
· Refuse will be collected. Landfills and transfer stations will be open.
· Parks, municipal golf courses, botanical gardens and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
· TheBus will operate on a Sunday schedule. For route and schedule information, please visit www.thebus.org.
· The Neal S. Blaisdell Center Box Office will be closed.
· All Satellite City Halls and Driver's License offices will be closed.
· The People's Open Markets will not be held.
The following traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Queen Kapi‘olani Park and metered parking lots. Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.
NOTE: City offices will be OPEN and normal weekday services will be provided on Friday, November 28. TheBus will operate on a normal weekday schedule, and Satellite City Halls, Driver's License offices, and the Blaisdell Box Office will be open that Friday.
**Kauai Holiday Schedule
In observance of Thanksgiving Day, County of Kaua‘i offices will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 27 along with all refuse transfer stations, the Kekaha Landfill, Puhi Metals Recycling Center and the Kaua‘i Resource Center.
All HI-5 bottle redemption centers will also be closed on Thanksgiving Day.
Residential refuse pick-up will continue its regular schedule.
The Kapa‘a and Waimea swimming pools will be closed on the holiday.
The Kaua‘i Bus will be operating on a modified schedule on Thanksgiving Day. For more information on The Kaua'i Bus, please log on to the county website, www.kauai.gov, or call 246-8110.
Normal business hours for county offices and services will resume on Friday, Nov. 28.