HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Fall and winter hours are now in effect for eight state parks across Oahu.
According to the Department of Land and Natural Resources, the parks will be open from 7 a.m. to 6:45 p.m. daily.
The following Oahu state parks are affected:
1. Ka Iwi Scenic Shoreline including Makapuu lighthouse, Honolulu
2. Kahana Beach Park (beach area, not Kahana Valley State Park)
3. Keaiwa Heiau State Recreation Area, Aiea
4. Malaekahana State Recreation Area, Kahuku
5. Puu Ualakaa State Wayside, Makiki
6. Sand Island State Recreation Area, Honolulu
7. Wa'ahila Ridge State Recreation Area, Honolulu
8. Wahiawa Freshwater State Recreation Area, Wahiawa
The DLNR said signs reflecting the hours will be posted.