Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Almost 1 in 4 marketers logs 10-plus hours on average day
SILICON SLOPES, Utah, Aug. 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- AtTask, the only provider of cloud-based Enterprise Work Management solutions, has announced the results of a study that looks at a day in the life of a marketer. Among the findings, long hours and lots of disruptions from external sources offer further evidence that marketers need better structure and tools to get more from their workdays.
The survey found that nearly one in four marketing professionals works 10 or more hours on an average day. Thirty-six percent of respondents said interruptions were a major distraction to their workdays, while more than a third said they spend three to four hours a day in email.
Other key findings from the survey include:
- Multitasking machines-Multitasking is the norm, with 41 percent of marketers saying they frequently multitask in meetings. Not all are proud of it, though-43 percent of those who said they often multitask also said they do so reluctantly.
- Time suckers-An astounding 40 percent of marketers blame manual tasks, unexpected projects and rework as primary sources of lost productivity.
- Application overload-Opening, closing and switching between applications can cause a big drain on a marketer's day. Eighty-two percent of respondents said they typically have at least six different applications or tools open on their desktops.
- Lunch break? What's that?-Desktop meals are standard for marketers, with a whopping 56 percent of respondents saying they eat lunch at their desks. Much smaller numbers of marketers eat in the office break room, outside or at local eateries.
- Artists at heart-When asked about what they'd do if not working in marketing, one in three respondents named a career in the arts. Among the specific dream jobs mentioned were writer, singer, actor, designer, floral designer, and various careers in fashion and filmmaking. Interestingly, 16 percent of respondents dreamed of a career shift to a more left-brained field like business, law or engineering.
"In a fast-paced marketing environment, efficiency is everything," said AtTask Chief Marketing Officer Joe Staples. "This survey validates what we know to be true-that marketers can't expect mythical extra hours to be added to their workday, even while all of the interruptions and distractions push them into overtime to finish projects. Instead, they need to do more with the time they have, and that can happen with better collaboration, visibility and communication. Marketers lose too much time to problems that could be avoided or resolved with the right structure and tools."
AtTask provides the right structure with a single, central solution designed with marketing and creative teams in mind. AtTask Marketing Work Cloud boosts productivity with its integrated collaboration and visibility, helping marketers carve out more time to create quality work.
AtTask partnered with MarketingProfs, the largest online community of marketers in the world, to conduct the survey online, with almost 800 marketing professionals answering the questions on MarketingProfs's website. Survey respondents varied in job type, career level and/or leadership position and age.
To learn more about how marketers can maximize the efficiency of their workdays, please visit http://www.attask.com/marketing.
- View the Day in the Life of a Marketer infographic
- Learn how AtTask for Marketing can help your team work smarter
- Read how the three-person creative team at House of Blues handles more than 250 projects per month with the right structure in place
AtTask is a cloud-based Enterprise Work Management solution that helps marketing, IT, and other enterprise teams conquer the chaos of excessive email, redundant status meetings, and disconnected tools. Unlike other tools, AtTask Enterprise Work Cloud is a centralized, easy-to-adopt solution for managing and collaborating on all types of work through the entire work lifecycle, which improves team productivity and executive visibility. AtTask is trusted by thousands of global enterprises, like Adobe, Cisco, HBO, House of Blues, REI, Trek, Schneider Electric, Tommy Hilfiger, Disney, and ATB Financial. To learn more, visit AtTask.com or follow us on Twitter @AtTask.
Contact: Christa Woodall
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140825/139461
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120926/LA81251LOGO
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.