HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - A Tropical storm watch has now been issued for the Big Island as Hurricane Iselle moves westward toward the state.
This means that tropical storm conditions pose a possible threat to the watch area within 48 hours.
At 11 a.m. HST, Hurricane Iselle was located about 1,000 miles east of the Big Island, and moving toward the West-northwest at 9 mph. It is expected to waken into a Tropical Storm before impacting Hawaii.
When a tropical storm watch is issued:
• Fuel and service family vehicles
• Prepare to cover all windows and door openings with boards, shutters or other shielding materials
• Store and secure outdoor lawn furniture and other loose, lightweight objects, such as garbage cans and garden tools
• Check and replenish disaster supply kits
• Have an extra supply of cash on hand
For the very latest on Iselle, click