Unattended candle causes Palolo house fire - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Unattended candle causes Palolo house fire

Fire destroys home in Palolo Fire destroys home in Palolo
PALOLO, OAHU (HawaiiNewsNow) -
[Update 8/4/14]
Investigators said an unattended candle was the cause of a house fire on Palolo Avenue. The fire caused $220,000 in damages to the home.

[Original story]
Nearly 45 Honolulu firefighters responded to a house fire Friday on Palolo Avenue between Keanu Street and 6th Avenue. The Honolulu Fire Department received an alarm at approximately 2:45 a.m. and arrived within five minutes to the one-story, three bedroom home that was engulfed in flames.

There were six people, four men and two women, and a dog in the home at the time, but they all managed to escape. No injuries were reported.

Firefighters managed to get the fire under control at approximately 3:10 and extinguished it by 3:30.

There is no damage estimate yet, and the cause of the fire is still under investigation.

Copyright 2014 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved. 
Powered by Frankly