This article was originally distributed via PRWeb. PRWeb, WorldNow and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
DuPont Scientists and Engineers Honored with Highest Technical Recognition in Company
Wilmington, Del. (PRWEB) July 17, 2014
Today, DuPont announced that seven employees have been named DuPont Fellows, the highest technical professional level in the company. This new group joins only 27 other active employees who have achieved this level of accomplishment for their outstanding technical expertise and leadership.
The seven new Fellows are: Linda Ankrom, Robert DiCosimo, Ethel Jackson, Renee Lafitte, Barbara Minor, Vasantha Nagarajan and James Tilton.
Throughout DuPonts history, our science and technology has been a main source of our competitive advantage, enabling us to drive innovation and transform markets for more than two centuries, said DuPont Senior Vice President and Chief Science and Technology Officer Douglas Muzyka. As our companys most distinguished scientists and engineers, DuPont Fellows create, develop and commercialize new technologies. They explore and employ emerging science, and leverage key learnings and capabilities across the company to maximize the impact and value derived from our scientific investments.
DuPont Fellows are scientists and engineers who define new technologies, influence research direction and mentor other scientists both inside and outside of the company. Through both personal contributions and collaboration with others, these scientific leaders have translated their technical knowledge, skill and commitment into results with significant impact for DuPont in a number of areas:
- Linda Ankrom (Parkersburg, W.Va.) has integrated new polymer compounding technologies that tailor engineering plastics to market needs for growth, including metalizing DuPont Crastin® PBT resins for automotive headlamps, now standard on millions of vehicles around the world.
- Robert DiCosimo (Wilmington, Del.) has integrated technology from a variety of disciplines to create proprietary bioprocess technology, including the production of DuPont herbicides with azafenidin, among others.
- Ethel Jackson (Wilmington, Del.) has led team efforts to develop sustainable alternatives to traditional chemical manufacturing, including Bio-PDO® and Omega-3 fatty acid product lines.
- Renee Lafitte (Woodland, Calif.) has contributed to improving corn yields under drought conditions, contributing to products such as Pioneer® brand corn hybrids with the Optimum® AQUAmax® trait for drought resistance.
- Barbara Minor (Wilmington, Del.) is a co-inventor of the next-generation refrigerants DuPont ISCEON® MO99 and Suva® 95, and the technical leader for DuPont in the development of HFO-1234yf, which DuPont sells as DuPont Opteon® YF refrigerant.
- Vasantha Nagarajan (Wilmington, Del.) has developed systems that have enabled processes for Bio-PDO® and Biobutanol and the commercial microbial consortia used in remediating process byproducts.
- James Tilton (Wilmington, Del.) has enabled a number of science-based laboratory innovations to be scaled-up for production, and improved performance of manufacturing operations, across several DuPont businesses.
DuPont (NYSE: DD) has been bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials, and services since 1802. The company believes that by collaborating with customers, governments, NGOs, and thought leaders we can help find solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment. For additional information about DuPont and its commitment to inclusive innovation, please visit http://www.dupont.com
# # #
The DuPont Oval Logo, DuPont, Crastin®, Bio-PDO®, Pioneer®, Optimum® AQUAmax®, ISCEON® MO99, Suva® and Opteon® are registered trademarks or trademarks of DuPont or its affiliates.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/dupont-science-technology/new-dupont-fellows/prweb12026014.htm
Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.