A monk seal pup that was found bleeding from the mouth two days ago on the Big Island has died.
Marine mammal experts have confirmed that the seal pup's death was caused by a fishing hook.
Eight-month-old Keokea swallowed the hook that punctured his esophagus and a lung.
On Friday, volunteers found the seal bleeding with a fishing line sticking out of its mouth on the Big Island.
Copyright 2014 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
This $14.5M Big Island estate named HGTV's Best Outdoor Retreat
PHOTOS: Former President Bill Clinton on Oahu
PHOTOS: Largest collection of Niihau shell lei, items from Hawaiian heiress up for auction
A Native Hawaiian designer will be featured on fashion's biggest stage.