Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE The Kahala Hotel & Resort
The Kahala Waterman Package Takes to the Water
HONOLULU, July 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Travelers visit Hawaii not just for its beaches and scenery, but also for the Hawaiian culture that distinguishes the islands from other locales. The legacy of the waterman began with the ancient Polynesians who crossed the vast Pacific Ocean in canoes and then practiced the art of surfing for centuries using long, heavy wooden boards before western man ever encountered the Hawaiian Islands. As the traditions continue and evolve, the legendary Kahala offers guests the opportunity to indulge in this part of Hawaii's heritage with a package that focuses on being one with the water.
The Kahala Waterman Package, with dates of stay September 1st through to December 19th, 2014 features:
- The Exclusively Package from the Hans Hedemann Surf School with one of four total group lesson activities daily for two adults: 90-minute Surfing, 90-min Stand up paddle boarding, 60-minute outrigger canoe ride and 60-minute Pole Fishing. (value of $500 for two )
- Waterman Certificate and T-shirt awarded after completion of all activities.
- (2) Maui Jim "Sugar Beach" Sunglasses from The Kahala Boutique (value of $318 for two)
- Daily buffet breakfast for two in the Plumeria Beach House (value of $84 per day)
- 20% Off Certificate for use at The Kahala's Tori Richards store
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Welcome lei upon arrival
- Nightly turndown
- Complimentary daily newspaper
- No Resort Fee
The Kahala has partnered with the Hans Hedemann Surf School, the premier surf school in Hawaii, for this program. As a professional surfer, Hedemann has won many surf meets such as The Billabong Pro in Australia, the Gunston 500 in South Africa, and was the first to win back-to-back Association of Surfing Professionals World Events. He launched the Hans Hedemann Surf School in 1995.
The program will allow guests to interact with some of Hawaii's most influential water athletes. A team of Lifeguard & CPR trained instructors and safety guides will share an enriched Hawaiian surfing experience that is sure to become a great adventure for the beginner or the advanced waterman. Waterman Packages start at $495 per night, are based on prepaid and non-refundable terms, and require a 5-night minimum. The activities are available to guests 12 years and older. To reserve the limited availability Waterman package, please call toll-free at (800) 367-2525 or go to www.kahalaresort.com.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.