This article was originally distributed via PRWeb. PRWeb, WorldNow and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
Market Size - $6.79 billion in 2013, Market Growth - CAGR of 13.2%, Market Trends Growing demand for non-pharmacological treatment procedures in emerging markets of Asia Pacific and RoW New Report By Grand View Research. View Dull Report - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/atrial-fibrillation-treatment-industry.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) July 03, 2014
The global market for atrial fibrillation procedures and products is expected to reach USD 16.17 billion by 2020 growing at a CAGR of 13.2%, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing incidences of atrial fibrillation, strokes and brain damage due to blood clots coupled with a growing global base of geriatric population is expected to be a key driver for this market. Some of the other drivers of this market include the introduction of technological advancements in the fields of radiofrequency and microwave catheter ablation, growing demand for minimally invasive procedures and increasing prevalence of disease causing lifestyle habits such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption. Pharmacological products for Atrial Fibrillation dominated the overall market in terms of revenue in 2013 at over 55.0%. Relatively low prices associated with these products and the use of anti-coagulants as an add-on therapy to non-pharmacological procedures, are some of the drivers of this segment.
The report Atrial Fibrillation Market Analysis By Procedure (Pharmacological Drugs, Anti-arrhythmic, Anti-coagulant, Non-Pharmacological Treatments, Radiofrequency, HIFU, Cryoablation, Microwave, Laser, Catheter Ablation, Maze Surgery, Electric Cardioversion) And Segment Forecasts To 2020, is available now toGrand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/atrial-fibrillation-treatment-industry
Request Free Sample of This Report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/atrial-fibrillation-treatment-industry/request
Further key findings from the study suggest:
Regionally, North America occupied the largest share of the market, accounting for over 42% of the global revenue in 2013. Its large share is majorly attributed by the presence of high market penetration rates of non-pharmacological procedures and sophisticated reimbursement frameworks.
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR of 15.3% during the forecast period. Growing demand for non-pharmacological treatments on account of constantly improving healthcare infrastructure, patient awareness and disposable income levels are some of the factors accounting for its rapid growth.
- Radiofrequency catheter ablation procedures segment is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR of over 15% over the next six years owing to the optimal size of the lesion produced, better maneuverability to make tight bends inside the heart and the time required to produce a lesion. The less invasiveness, smaller incisions and faster recovery times of catheter ablation is expected to drive demand for non-pharmacological treatments.
- Maze surgery occupied the second largest share of the non-pharmacological treatment market. This can be accounted for by the fact that in most cases it removes the need of life-long anti-coagulants based treatment while reducing occurrence of strokes.
- Anti coagulants dominated the pharmacological treatment market on account of relatively higher success rates of AF treatment through reducing incidences of blood clot formation and strokes.
Browse All Reports of Healthcare Market Published By Grand View Research @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/healthcare
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global atrial fibrillation market on the basis of fields of procedures and region:
- Atrial Fibrillation Procedures Outlook
Catheter Ablation Procedures
- Atrial Fibrillation Regional Outlook
Browse All Grand View Research Ongoing Reports @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/ongoing-reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/Atrial_Fibrillation_Marke/Industry_Trends_Analysis/prweb11995233.htm
Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.