Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE VCE LLC
Leadership Position based on Gartner's Evaluation of Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute
RICHARDSON, Texas, June 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- VCE, the leader in converged infrastructure systems, today announced that Gartner, Inc. positioned VCE™ in the Leaders quadrant of the June 16, 2014 "Magic Quadrant for Integrated Systems." Gartner defines integrated systems as the combination of server, storage and network infrastructure, sold with management software that facilitates the provisioning and management of the combined unit. The full report can be downloaded from the VCE website http://www.vce.com/landing/gartner.
"VCE has led the market in demonstrating how Vblock converged infrastructures can help customers accelerate their journey to the cloud by enabling rapid deployment of on-premises and hybrid cloud environments," said Praveen Akkiraju, CEO of VCE. "We are delighted with VCE's position in the Leaders quadrant of Gartner's first Magic Quadrant for Integrated Systems as we view its introduction further validates the tremendous economics, agility and simplicity VCE converged infrastructure delivers to our customers."
VCE Vblock Systems provide seamless integration of compute, storage, network and virtualization technologies with unified management and end-to-end support.
The past year for VCE has been filled with success:
- VCE surpassed its 2013 goal of $1 billion in annual sales and achieved a $1.8 billion annualized demand run rate for VCE products and services exiting Q4 2013, with growing demand for Vblock Systems at well over 50 percent year over year in Q1 2014 – the company's fourth consecutive quarter of accelerated year-over-year growth.
- VCE is furthering its enablement of cloud deployments with plans to integrate Cisco's Intercloud Fabric with Vblock Systems, which will provide an onramp to Cisco's Intercloud workload migration capabilities to enable customers to rapidly, seamlessly and securely manage their private, hybrid and public cloud environments.
- VCE retained the No. 1 market share position for integrated infrastructure systems for the second year in a row, according to Gartner.
- VCE released several new products including the Vblock System 340, new Vblock Specialized Systems and VCE Vision Intelligent Operations 2.5 software.
- VCE introduced the VCE Certified Professional Program, a comprehensive training program that delivers transformative converged infrastructure training to IT professionals across the entire data center.
- VCE expanded its partnering efforts through the Cloud Infrastructure Solutions Accelerator with Cisco and EMC as well as expanded relationships with VMware and Citrix for delivering virtual desktop solutions.
VCE on Social Media
 Sales figure is based on 2013 VCE bookings.
 Demand run rate is an annualized calculation of orders received in the applicable period by VCE, VMware, EMC and Cisco for the sale of VCE Vblock products and related services.
 Gartner, Market Share Analysis: Data Center Hardware Integrated Systems, December 12, 2013
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
VCE, formed by Cisco and EMC with investments from VMware and Intel, accelerates the adoption of converged infrastructure and cloud-based computing models that dramatically reduce the cost of IT while improving time to market for our customers. VCE, through the Vblock systems, delivers the industry's only true converged infrastructure systems, leveraging Cisco compute and network technology, EMC storage and data protection, and VMware virtualization and virtualization management. VCE solutions are available through an extensive partner network, and cover horizontal applications, vertical industry offerings, and application development environments, allowing customers to focus on business innovation instead of integrating, validating, and managing IT infrastructure.
VCE and Vblock are registered trademarks or trademarks of VCE Company LLC or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective organizations. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VCE and any other organization.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.