Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
BELLEVUE, Wash., June 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Synology® America Corp. is proud to announce the official launch of Surveillance Station 6.3, the winner of the Computex 2014, Best Choice Award in the security category. Surveillance Station was designed to turn any Disk or RackStation into a network video recorder (NVR). Version 6.3 adds advancements in compatibility, failover, and the way video surveillance is accessed for any number of deployments.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140616/118642
Large-scale surveillance in one interface: Onscreen controls have been augmented for joystick usage, and a single display interface can render a 64-channels of Live View or recorded footage; making it easier to monitor multiple targets at the same time.
Cross-Platform NVR: Surveillance Station 6.3 is now unified between Windows and OS X. Now, both operating systems take advantage of the Surveillance Station web-object. With the inclusion of the Safari browser, Surveillance Station has become completely Java-free, resulting in performance boosts of up to six times.
Record without data loss: Edge Recording is new to 6.3. Now, supported cameras can continue to capture video in the event of a network disruption. Once the connection has been restored, Surveillance Station replaces the missing footage in the timeline, eliminating gaps in coverage.
Additional Features Include:
- Support for in-camera de-warping
- Support for panoramic, and multi-lens cameras with only a single license needed for multiple channels
- Customized layout management for increased flexibility
- Support for over 2,700 camera models
"Surveillance Station 6.3 shows our continued commitment to make a better NVR solution," said Joshua Wise, Senior Product Specialist at Synology America. "From support for edge recording to removing the Java requirement for our Mac customers to an additional camera license, this release provides improved value and reliability."
Two IP camera licenses are included with any Surveillance Station 6.3 installation. Multi-lens, and panoramic cameras only require a single license per unit.
Please visit http://www.synology.com/en-us/surveillance/index for more details.
Availability? Surveillance Station 6.3 is free and available to download in the Package Center for DiskStation Manager. Supported models are:
- 14-series: RS3614xs+, RS3614(RP)xs, RS2414(RP)+, RS814(RP)+, RS814, DS414, DS414j, DS414slim, DS214+, RS214, DS214, DS214play, DS214se, DS114
- 13-series: RS10613xs+, RS3413xs+, DS2413+, DS1813+, DS1513+, DS713+, DS413, DS413j, DS213+, DS213, DS213j, DS213air
- 12-series: DS3612xs, RS3412(RP)xs, RS2212(RP)+, DS1812+, DS1512+, RS812+, RS812, DS712+, DS412+, RS212, DS212+, DS212, DS212j, DS112+, DS112, DS112j
- 11-series: DS3611xs, RS3411(RP)xs, DS2411+, RS2211(RP)+, DS1511+, RS411, DS411+II, DS411+, DS411, DS411j, DS411slim, DS211+, DS211, DS211j, DS111
- 10-series: DS1010+, RS810(RP)+, DS410, DS410j, DS710+, DS210+, DS210j, DS110+, DS110j
Founded in April of 2000, Synology Inc. is a leader in next-generation Network Attached Storage (NAS) servers for the home and small to medium sized business markets. Specializing in both hardware and software for network attached storage devices; Synology products are feature-rich, easy-to-use, energy-efficient, reliable and affordable. All Synology product investments are enhanced with product warranties, free software upgrades and 24/7 online support. Visit http://www.synology.com for more information
Synology has a global presence with Subsidiaries in the US (Bellevue, Washington), and the UK (London, England), Germany (Düsseldorf), and Taiwan (Taipei).
Synology America Corp.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.