Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE The Peninsula Hotels
HONG KONG, June 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- This summer, The Peninsula Hotels' newest Peninsula Academy guest experiences take guests deep into the heart of each destination, from exclusive access to a private chamber in Beijing's Forbidden City to oyster foraging in New York – all in true Peninsula style.
The Peninsula Academy's programs inspire guests in each Peninsula destination through the lens of art, cuisine, fashion, style and culture. Foodies will go beyond the kitchen's borders, spending the day fishing and oyster foraging; art lovers will delve into the local art scene with private tours of vibrant museums and art galleries; and fashionistas will shop for pearls on private pearl farms and receive exclusive access into designers' studios.
The highlights of the 2014 Peninsula Academy Summer program include:
- The Peninsula Hong Kong's Caviar Connoisseurship - an in-depth insight into the world's finest sustainably-farmed caviars, their unique characteristics and how best they should be enjoyed.
- The Peninsula Shanghai's Modern Shanghai Chic: Meet Fashion Designer Lu Kun - a meeting with one of China's most celebrated young fashion designers in his studio, along with a traditional Chinese breakfast and bespoke Rolls-Royce ride
- The Peninsula Beijing's A Glimpse of the Royal Past: Celebrating the Art of Tea - a private tour of Shu Fang Zhai Temple - a private part of the Forbidden City that is not accessible to the public - followed by a traditional Chinese tea ceremony at The Peninsula's Huang Ting restaurant.
- The Peninsula Tokyo's Hidden Colours of Tokyo: An Insider's Guide to the Contemporary Art Scene - a personalized tour of Tokyo's art museums and galleries with noted art connoisseur, Natane Takeda.
- The Peninsula New York's Long Island Oyster Academy - a day of oystering, fishing and clamming on Long Island's Great South Bay (NY), the home of the Blue Point oyster, along with a private dockside gourmet dinner and transportation via seaplane.
- The Peninsula Chicago's Florist for a Day: The Life of The Hotel's Floral Designer - a personalized tour of the expansive Kehoe Designs' floral warehouse and interaction with the design team as they strike up new concepts and plan the weekly floral installations for the hotel's magnificent floral displays.
- The Peninsula Beverly Hills' Gone Fishing with Chef David Codney - a half-day adventure on the Pacific Ocean with Executive Chef David Codney aboard a chartered fishing boat angling for sea bass, yellowtail, barracuda and halibut followed by a four-course dinner with the fish caught that day.
- The Peninsula Bangkok's Holistic Conservation: A Coastal Mangrove Eco-Adventure - an exploration of the natural wonders of Thailand with award-winning naturalists from Thailand's first urban Nature Education Centre, Bang Pu, including planting tender mangrove saplings to help foster the growth of Thailand's forests.
- The Peninsula Manila's Perlas: Appreciating the Philippines South Sea Pearl - a pearl "safari" that features a helicopter ride to a private pearl farm in the Palawan Sea owned by Jewelmer, a Franco-Filipino luxury jewellery house specialising in Philippine South Sea Pearls.
Each Peninsula Academy program features special touches including bespoke Peninsula transportation, from private helicopter service and chauffeured Rolls-Royces to whimsical MINI Cooper S Clubman vehicles, ensuring guests experience each activity in true Peninsula style. The Peninsula Kids' Academy provides younger guests with fun insight into the various Peninsula destinations and all Academy programs include a unique keepsake.
For a complete listing of all Peninsula Academy programs, please visit http://www.peninsula.com/peninsula-academy . Most programs are available with just a few days' notice. Reservations are subject to availability and advanced booking is highly recommended.
About The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels, Limited (HSH)
Incorporated in 1866 and listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (00045), The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels, Limited is the holding company of a group which is engaged in the ownership, development, and management of prestigious hotels and commercial and residential properties in key locations in Asia, the United States and Europe, as well as the provision of tourism and leisure, club management and other services. The Peninsula Hotels portfolio comprises The Peninsula Hong Kong, The Peninsula Shanghai, The Peninsula Beijing, The Peninsula Tokyo, The Peninsula New York, The Peninsula Chicago, The Peninsula Beverly Hills, The Peninsula Bangkok, The Peninsula Manila and The Peninsula Paris (expected opening in 2014). Projects under development include The Peninsula London and The Peninsula Yangon. The property portfolio of the group includes The Repulse Bay Complex, The Peak Tower, The Peak Tramways and St. John's Building in Hong Kong; The Landmark in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; the Thai Country Club in Bangkok, Thailand, and 21 avenue Kléber in Paris, France.
Visit The Peninsula Hotels' News Room on www.peninsula.com/newsroom – press releases, images, broadcast quality video, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and more.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140606/95839
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.