HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - In observance of King Kamehameha Day, City offices will be closed Wednesday, June 11. The following will be in effect for the state holiday:
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be available.
- Refuse will be collected. Landfills and transfer stations will be open.
- Municipal golf courses, botanical gardens and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- TheBus will operate on a State Holiday schedule. For route and schedule information, please go to www.thebus.org.
- The People's Open Markets will not be held.
- The Blaisdell Center box office will be closed.
- All Satellite City Halls and Driver's License offices will be closed.
The following traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalākaua Avenue along Queen Kapi‘olani Park and metered parking lots.
- Contraflow traffic lanes will not be coned.