An American flag caught fire Tuesday night at the Atlanta Braves game.
It happened during a fireworks display at the home opener.
The Braves released the following statement:
"We tried pyrotechnics from a new location last night (on top of BravesVision) and one went awry burning holes in the flag. Flag is made of flame retardant material so it didn't catch fire, but did burn holes. We have replaced the flag and will discontinue using pyrotechnics from that area."
Copyright 2014 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.