The Hawaii County Fire Department responded to a house fire in the Papaaloa area Saturday morning that caused $10,000 in damage.
Hawaii Fire officials say it happened shortly after 5 a.m. on Nanu Street.
Officials say the homeowner's son, Reuben Prensky, awoke to crackling noises and found the laundry sink engulfed in flames. Prensky used the garden hose to extinguish the fire prior to HFD's arrival.
The fire was contained to the outside laundry area of the home.
Authorities say the electrical wiring in the laundry area was the cause of the fire. Damages are estimated at $10,000.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2014 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
PHOTOS: Maui crossfitters break a sweat to help sick children
This $14.5M Big Island estate named HGTV's Best Outdoor Retreat
PHOTOS: Former President Bill Clinton on Oahu
PHOTOS: Largest collection of Niihau shell lei, items from Hawaiian heiress up for auction