Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
Todd Ford Joins as CFO
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Feb. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- MobileIron, a leader in security and management for mobile apps, content, and devices, reported substantial company growth in 2013 with revenues in excess of $100 million. The company also announced that Todd Ford has joined as Chief Financial Officer. Ford has extensive operational and financial experience with global publicly- and privately-held companies. He will report directly to Bob Tinker, Chief Executive Officer of MobileIron.
Mobile is rapidly becoming the primary computing platform for the enterprise. In December, leading market research advisory firm IDC projected that 1.3 billion new employee liable and corporate liable smartphones will be sold for business use over the next four years.1 A month later, in January, IDC reported a record 10% drop in 2013 PC unit shipments worldwide from 2012.2
Mobile First organizations give their employees access to every business process they need, on any device they want, with a secure experience they love. Throughout 2013, the MobileIron platform delivered security and technology innovations to enable global companies to move closer to achieving this goal. The year's highlights include:
- Award-winning containerization: MobileIron won Best Enterprise Mobile Service at the 18th Annual Global Mobile awards, held at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. The award recognized the enterprise persona containerization advancements in the MobileIron solution.
- Analyst recognition: MobileIron was named a Leader by Gartner, Inc. in the 2013 "Magic Quadrant for Mobile Device Management Software"3 for the third consecutive year. TheInfoPro's Information Security Study from 451 Research found that more companies are likely to buy MobileIron than any other MDM vendor.
- Support for new operating systems:
- Delivered broad support for iOS 7, with a focus on features to accelerate app development and adoption
- Launched support for Samsung KNOX, the Android solution specifically designed for security conscious enterprises
- Launched support for Windows 8, providing customers with the ability, for the first time, to manage their Microsoft-based laptops and desktops from the same MobileIron interface as their smartphones and tablets
- New security milestones: MobileIron's use of FIPS 140-2 cryptographic libraries was validated by an accredited Cryptographic and Security (CST) laboratory in full compliance with the Cryptographic Module Validation Program (CMVP). MobileIron joined the PCI Security Standards Council to contribute to the development of new standards for payment data security. MobileIron was also selected as a subcontractor in the U.S. Government Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) mobile device management/mobile application store contract.
- Ecosystem expansion for mobile app and technology solutions: MobileIron's AppConnect partner program ended the year with more than 50 AppConnect-enabled apps in market, including Box and IBM Notes Traveler, with over 100 more in development. MobileIron customers can now provide a broad selection of best-of-breed mobile apps to their employees, while securing and managing those apps through MobileIron. MobileIron also launched several key integrations with major enterprise technology solutions, including Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) for network access control and ServiceNow for employee self-service.
- Three new patents:
- "Management of mobile applications" granted Jan 2013
- "Virtual instance architecture for mobile device management systems" granted March 2013
- "Management of certificates for mobile devices" granted July 2013
"2013 was the year that mobile became strategic for our customers," said Bob Tinker, CEO, MobileIron. "By Q4, the majority of our new customers were buying the MobileIron platform to secure native apps, web apps, or content in addition to mobile email. This shows that mobile is truly becoming a computing platform in the enterprise and transforming how companies run their businesses."
1 IDC, Worldwide Business Use Smartphone 2013–2017 Forecast Update, December 2013, IDC #244840
2 IDC Worldwide Quarterly PC Tracker, Q4, January 2014
3 Gartner, Inc., "Magic Quadrant for Mobile Device Management Software" by Phillip Redman, John Girard, Terrence Cosgrove, Monica Basso, May 23, 2013. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
A leader in security and management for mobile apps, content, and devices, MobileIron's mission is to enable organizations around the world to embrace mobility as their primary IT platform in order to transform their businesses and increase their competitiveness. Leading global companies rely on MobileIron's scalable architecture, rapid innovation, and best practices as the foundation for their Mobile First initiatives. For more information, please visit www.mobileiron.com.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.