All Marine Corps Base Hawaii building, facilities, activities and residents will be without power on Saturday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. for assessment of the base's electrical high voltage system.
The commissary will be closed for the day during the planned, base-wide power outage. The back gate on Mokapu Road will be also be closed until power is restored. The Marine Mart and gas station at the H-3 gate will remain open.
Base officials have passed along several tips for residents during the outage:
- Remember automatic garage door openers won’t work while the electricity is out.
- Reset Your Water Heater: After the power outage you will need to reset the timer on
- your water heater so that your water will heated by solar power (instead of electricity).
- Prior to the power outage, disconnect power source from computers, printers
- (standalone and network), copiers, multi-function devices, fax machines and other
- peripherals such as external hard drives and DVD/CD drives.
- Do not attempt to pull a fire alarm in any building that is open, the signal will not
- reach the fire department.
For updates on the outage, visit the MCBH Facebook Page here: https://www.facebook.com/MarineCorpsBaseHawaii
For more information on the power outage, click here for a PDF (web only): Power outage flyer for families.