Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Future US; Ultimate Fighting Championship
Future US to Produce and Distribute Bi-Monthly Magazine and Digital Property
LAS VEGAS and SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®) organization today announced it has selected Future US, a leading digital media group, to oversee its UFC 360, the official magazine of the UFC. Through the partnership, Future US will publish the UFC 360 Magazine in the US, UK and Australia; as well as the worldwide digital property. The first Future US managed issue will launch in April (#28), which will hit stands on April 1, 2014.
"Teaming up with Future US is a great step in making UFC 360 a multi-platform magazine that will engage the most passionate UFC fans worldwide," said Craig Borsari, EVP of Operations & Production for UFC. "UFC 360 has a stellar editorial team and by combining fight coverage with a new look and enhanced digital capabilities, Future US is bringing out the best in what we have to offer to a wider audience."
The updated UFC 360 Magazine will have improved distribution and a special optimized design for newsstands. The new digital property will be migrated to FutureFolio, Future US's fully interactive content platform specifically designed for tablets and smartphones. UFC 360's talented and seasoned editorial team will remain the same under the leadership of Editor-in-Chief Seth Kelly.
"We're thrilled to add UFC 360 to Future's portfolio of media properties," said Rachelle Considine, President, Future US. "The UFC has a tremendously active and loyal community of fans who are always looking for new and engaging information on the sport. We pride ourselves in producing and delivering innovative content that people care about. We are excited to do so with such an amazing brand like the UFC."
An annual subscription for UFC 360 is $19.99, which includes six regular issues and a special edition. A free subscription is available with select paid memberships to the UFC Fight Club.
About The Ultimate Fighting Championship
Owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, the Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®) is the premier mixed martial arts (MMA) organization and largest pay-per-view event provider in the world. Headquartered in Las Vegas with offices in London, Toronto, Beijing, Singapore and Sao Paulo, the UFC produces more than 40 live events annually that have sold out some of the biggest arenas and stadiums across the globe. UFC programming is broadcast in over 145 countries to 800+ million TV households worldwide in 28 different languages. The UFC has a multi-year broadcast agreement with FOX in the U.S. which includes four live events broadcast on the FOX network annually, The Ultimate Fighter® reality television show and thousands of hours of programming on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2. In 2014, UFC launched UFC FIGHT PASS™, a digital subscription service with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand and original content. UFC also owns over 100 UFC GYM® locations, UFC.TV® (offering live event broadcasts and video on-demand around the world), UFC FIT™ (an in-home fitness and nutrition program), UFC 360 (the internationally distributed magazine), a videogame franchise with EA SPORTS, best-selling DVDs and Blu-rays, UFC Fight Club®, UFC Fan Expo®, Octagon™ branded apparel and Topps Trading Cards. For more information, visit www.UFC.com and follow UFC at www.Facebook.com/UFC and Twitter: @UFC.
About Future plc:
- Future plc is an international media group and leading digital business, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- Future has been named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for three years in a row by the Association of Online Publishers (2011, 2012, 2013) and has been named the Professional Publishers Association Digital Publisher of the Year for two consecutive years (2012, 2013). Future is also the British Media Awards Media Company of the Year.
- We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating more than 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
- We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Games, Guitar, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
- We attract more than 57 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
- Future sold more than 19 million magazines last year, that's 37 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Cycling Plus, Total Film, Mollie Makes and Xbox: The Official Magazine.
- Future has developed its own app-creation software, FutureFolio. We produce over 100 digital editions, and have sold over 5 million digital issues in the last year.
- Future exports or syndicates 218 publications to over 92 countries, making us the UK's number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
- Follow Future plc on Twitter at www.twitter.com/futureplc and on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/future-publishing
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.