HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Those who plan on catching a taxi on Wednesday or Thursday may possibly be picked up by a famous surfer.
The transportation company Uber is offering three free taxi rides through UberTAXI -- up to $25 -- as well as special pickups by North Shore legends Jamie O'Brien, Makua Rothman and Kala Alexander. It's a chance to ask them about their surfing careers and take photographs with them, the company said.
If interested, users should download the Uber application on their smartphone or tablet and simply request a taxi service through Thursday at midnight.
- No special codes to enter - just download the Uber app and request UberTAXI before the promotion expires at midnight on Feb. 20.
- Each UberTAXI ride taken will be free up to $25. Any amount more than $25 will be charged to the rider's account.
- Maximum three rides per Uber account.
- New and existing users are eligible.
- Please note that availability may be limited during peak times.
- A 20 percent gratuity to the driver is set by default. To change the amount of tip given to drivers, log in to https://clients.uber.com and select "Payment"
- Please note: Availability may be limited.