Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE CME Group
CHICAGO, Feb. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CME Group today announced its slate of candidates for its board of directors for election at the company's annual meeting to be held Wednesday, May 21, 2014.
The board of directors recommends the Class A and Class B shareholders voting together elect the following eighteen individuals to the board:
- Terrence A. Duffy, 55, Executive Chairman and President, CME Group
- Phupinder S. Gill, 53, Chief Executive Officer, CME Group
- Timothy S. Bitsberger, 54, Managing Director, Official Institutions FIG Coverage Group of BNP PNA
- Charles P. Carey, 60, Former Vice Chairman, CME Group; Principal of Henning & Carey Trading Company and Henning-Carey Proprietary Trading LLC
- Dennis H. Chookaszian, 70, Former Chairman, Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Council; Former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, CNA Insurance Companies
- Martin J. Gepsman, 61, Independent Broker and Trader
- Larry G. Gerdes, 65, General Partner of Sand Hill Financial Company and Gerdes Huff Investments
- Daniel R. Glickman, 69, Executive Director, Aspen Institute's Congressional Program; Senior Fellow, Bipartisan Policy Center, U.S. Secretary of Agriculture (1995-2001); Member of Congress, Kansas (1977-1995)
- J. Dennis Hastert, 72, Former Speaker of the House of Representatives
- Leo Melamed, 81, Chairman Emeritus, CME Group; Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Melamed and Associates, Inc.
- William P. Miller II, 58, Head of Asset Allocation, Sanabil
- James E. Oliff, 66, President, FILO Corp.
- Edemir Pinto, 60, Chief Executive Officer, BM&FBOVESPA
- Alex J. Pollock, 71, Resident Fellow, American Enterprise Institute; former President and Chief Executive Officer of Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago
- John F. Sandner, 72, Retired Chairman of the Board, CME Group; former Chairman, E*Trade Futures, LLC
- Terry L. Savage, 69, Financial Journalist and Author, President, Terry Savage Productions, Ltd.
- William R. Shepard, 67, President and Founder, Shepard International, Inc.
- Dennis A. Suskind, 71, Retired Partner, Goldman Sachs & Co.
Three directors will be elected by the holders of the Class B-1 shares. The Class B-1 Nominating Committee has selected the following four nominees for these positions:
- Jeffrey M. Bernacchi, 55, President, JMB Trading Corp.; Managing Member, Celeritas Capital, LLC
- Bruce F. Johnson, 71, Independent Trader
- Howard J. Siegel, 57, Independent Trader
- Brett C. Simons, 44, Independent Trader
Two directors will be elected by the holders of the Class B-2 shares. The Class B-2 Nominating Committee has selected the following nominees for these positions:
- Raymond S. Cahnman, 69, Proprietary Trader, Chairman of TransMarket Group LLC
- Patrick W. Maloney, 52, Independent Floor Broker
- Ronald A. Pankau, 57, Independent Trader; Owner, J.H. Best and Sons Steel Fabricating Co.
- David J. Wescott, 56, President, The Wescott Group, Ltd.
One director will be elected by the holders of the Class B-3 shares. The Class B-3 Nominating Committee has selected the following nominees for this position:
- Gary M. Katler, 67, Vice President, ABN AMRO Clearing Chicago, LLC
- Peter J. Kosanovich, 42, Principal, Trean Group, LLC
As the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is where the world comes to manage risk. CME Group exchanges offer the widest range of global benchmark products across all major asset classes, including futures and options based on interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural commodities, metals, weather and real estate. CME Group brings buyers and sellers together through its CME Globex® electronic trading platform and its trading facilities in New York and Chicago. CME Group also operates CME Clearing, one of the world's leading central counterparty clearing providers, which offers clearing and settlement services across asset classes for exchange-traded contracts and over-the-counter derivatives transactions. These products and services ensure that businesses everywhere can substantially mitigate counterparty credit risk.
CME Group is a trademark of CME Group Inc. The Globe Logo, CME, Globex and Chicago Mercantile Exchange are trademarks of Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. CBOT and the Chicago Board of Trade are trademarks of the Board of Trade of the City of Chicago, Inc. NYMEX, New York Mercantile Exchange and ClearPort are registered trademarks of New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc. COMEX is a trademark of Commodity Exchange, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Further information about CME Group (NASDAQ: CME) and its products can be found at www.cmegroup.com.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.