Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE MediaTek Inc.
MediaTek CorePilot™ Heterogeneous Multi-Processing Technology enables outstanding performance with leading energy efficiency
HSINCHU, Feb. 11, 2014 /PRNNewswire/ -- MediaTek today announces the MT6595, a premium mobile solution with the world's first 4G LTE octa-core smartphone SOC powered by the latest Cortex-A17™ CPUs from ARM®.
The MT6595 employs ARM's big.LITTLE™ architecture with MediaTek's CorePilot™ technology to deliver a Heterogeneous Multi-Processing (HMP) platform that unlocks the full power of all eight cores. An advanced scheduler algorithm with adaptive thermal and interactive power management delivers superior multi-tasking performance and excellent sustained performance-per-watt for a premium mobile experience.
- Four ARM Cortex-A17™, each with significant performance improvement over previous-generation processors, plus four Cortex-A7™ CPUs
- ARM big.LITTLE™ architecture with full-system coherency performs sophisticated tasks efficiently
- Integrated Imagination Technologies PowerVR™ Series6 GPU for high-performance graphics
Integrated 4G LTE Multi-Mode Modem
- Rel. 9, Category 4 FDD and TDD LTE with data rates up to 150Mbits/s downlink and 50Mbits/s uplink
- DC-HSPA+ (42Mbits/s), TD-SCDMA and EDGE for legacy 2G/3G networks
- 30+ 3GPP RF bands support to meet operator needs worldwide
World-Class Multimedia Subsystems
- World's first mobile SOC with integrated, low-power hardware support for the new H.265 Ultra HD (4K2K) video record & playback, in addition to Ultra HD video playback support for H.264 & VP9
- Supports 24-bit 192 kHz Hi-Fi quality audio codec with high performance digital-to-analogue converter (DAC) to head phone >110dB SNR
- 20MP camera capability and a high-definition WQXGA (2560 x 1600) display controller
- MediaTek ClearMotion™ technology eliminates motion jitter and ensures smooth video playback at 60fps on mobile devices
- MediaTek MiraVision™ technology for DTV-grade picture quality
First MediaTek Mobile Platform Supporting 802.11ac
- Comprehensive complementary connectivity solution that supports 802.11ac
- Multi-GNSS positioning systems including GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo and QZSS
- Bluetooth LE and ANT+ for ultra-low power connectivity with fitness tracking devices
World's First Multimode Wireless Charging Receiver IC
- Multi-standard inductive and resonant wireless charging functionality available
- Supported by MediaTek's companion multimode wireless power receiver IC
"MediaTek is focused on delivering a full-range of 4G LTE platforms and the MT6595 will enable our customers to deliver premium products with advanced features to a growing market," said Jeffrey Ju, General Manager of the MediaTek Smartphone Business Unit.
Congratulations to MediaTek on being in a leading position to implement the new ARM Cortex-A17 processor in mobile device," said Noel Hurley, Vice President and Deputy General Manager, ARM Product Division. "MediaTek has a keen understanding of the smartphone market and continues to identify innovative ways to bring a premium mobile experience to the masses."
The MT6595 platform will be commercially available by the first half of 2014, with devices expected in the second half of the year.
About MediaTek Inc.
MediaTek Inc. is a leading fabless semiconductor company for wireless communications and digital multimedia solutions. The company is a market leader and pioneer in cutting-edge SOC system solutions for wireless communications, high-definition TV, optical storage, and DVD and Blu-ray products. Founded in 1997 and listed on Taiwan Stock Exchange under the "2454" code, MediaTek is headquartered in Taiwan and has sales or research subsidiaries in Mainland China, Singapore, India, United States, Japan, Korea, Denmark, England, Sweden and Dubai. For more information, visit MediaTek's website at www.mediatek.com.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.