Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE IDG World Expo
Robert Scoble, Shel Israel and Robyn Miller to Speak at the Legendary Apple Ecosystem Event Taking Place March 27-29 in San Francisco; Early Bird Registration Open
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Feb. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IDG World Expo today announced an exciting array of featured speakers, content and workshops for Macworld/iWorld 2014, the ultimate celebration of Apple fans' passions and innovations. Tens of thousands of attendees-from app developers and enterprise IT professionals, to consumers of all ages-gather at Macworld/iWorld to see cutting-edge new products and apps and to hear presentations from tech luminaries like Robert Scoble, Shel Israel and Robyn Miller. Macworld/iWorld will take place in San Francisco from March 27-29 at Moscone Center North. Registration is open with Early Bird pricing through Friday, February 28 at http://macworldiworld.com/register.
"Macworld/iWorld 2014 presents attendees with a remarkable array of offerings - both to satisfy their passion for using Apple products, and their curiosity for the technology world around them," said Paul Kent, vice president and general manager of Macworld/iWorld 2014. "From conference sessions unlocking and demystifying the features of all of Apple's recent product releases like OS X Mavericks, iOS 7, iLife and iWork tools, to analysis and explanation of tech issues of the day like Mobile Context, Bitcoin and the NSA, to opportunities to discover amazing new products at events like SF New Tech's '6 About to Break,' this year's event presents how the Apple-focused ecosystem drives innovation like no other tech community."
Macworld/ iWorld 2014 highlights include:
- Featured Speakers: Macworld/iWorld has announced the first of their featured presenters: a keynote from Robert Scoble and Shel Israel, tech evangelists, writers and authors of "Age of Context: Mobile, Censors, Data and the Future of Privacy"; and a featured presentation Q&A with Robyn Miller, Mac industry legend, computer gaming luminary and co-designer of one of the all-time best-selling computer game "Myst," co-founder of Cyan Worlds, and writer and director of "The Immortal Augustus Gladstone."
- Access to the Latest and Coolest Apps: On the Expo Hall floor, attendees can interact with and learn about the newest iOS and OS X innovations at Appalooza. Here, developers showcase hundreds of apps for a variety of categories such as productivity, gaming, IT, education, music production and photography. Macworld/iWorld is also hosting a Silicon Valley iOS Developers Meet-up.
- 6 About to Break: Macworld/iWorld joins forces with SF New Tech to reveal the next big iOS app, Apple-related accessory, software or utility with the first ever '6 About to Break' competition. Macworld/iWorld and SF New Tech are taking applications now and will showcase the final six companies at Macworld/iWorld 2014 where the finalists will demo their hot new products in front of a live audience. To apply for the competition, visit http://sfnewtech.com/sfntmacworld.
- More than 50 Tech Talks: Learn the latest on OS X Mavericks, iOS and the technology landscape with more than 50 new educational sessions, interactive panel discussions, practical "how-to" presentations, and tips and tricks. Learning opportunities will cover topics such as iLife, iWork, Apple Mail, iCloud, Bitcoin, NSA, fitness technology and wearables.
- Insight and Training from Macworld Editors: Macworld editors take to the Main Stage with a series of insightful presentations, including Jason Snell's "The State of Apple 2014" address; Dan Moren and Serenity Caldwell take you inside "iOS Central: iOS 7 Tips and Tricks of the Trade"; and Jackie Dove shows attendees how to shoot like the pros in "Create: Photo and Video Workflows from Mobile to Desktop." Other sessions include live commentary from superstar Mac software developers, an hour of RapidFire learning, Mac 911 tips and much more. Plus, the Macworld LIVE stage, located in the Expo Hall, features a full agenda of Macworld editors covering iOS tips, commentary and trainings.
- Expo Hall: A dynamic exhibit floor featuring hundreds of companies showcasing the latest in software, hardware, peripherals, accessories and applications for the Apple products platform. A full list of exhibitors can be found at http://macworldiworld.com/expo-hall. Attendees will have access to hundreds of shopping deals available at exhibitor booths throughout the Expo Hall floor, including show special product offers available exclusively to Macworld/iWorld attendees.
CLICK TO TWEET: Celebrate #Apple Innovation @MacworldExpo 2014 featuring @Scobleizer, @ShelIsrael & Robyn Miller @tinselman http://bit.ly/Mvi8iy
To be a part of the excitement at Macworld/iWorld 2014, register for a conference pass at http://macworldiworld.com/register. Early bird pricing is available until Friday, February 28 including:
- Macworld/iWorld Conference Pass: $249 offers attendees the best value with a three-day conference pass that includes over 60 hours of training, entertainment and product discovery with full access to all Tech Talks, Main Stage activities and the Expo Hall.
- Macworld/iWorld Expo Only Pass: $25 includes admission to the Macworld/iWorld Expo Hall.
- Workshop Pass (Add On): $275 includes access to Macworld/iWorld workshops taking place on Wednesday, March 26. A full day of hands-on training that goes in depth on the latest Apple tools.
- MacIT Conference: $695 includes admission to the three-day MacIT conference sessions, Sponsor Showcase networking events and the Macworld/iWorld Expo Hall.
- All Access Pass: $899 includes all the offerings of the MacIT Conference Pass, Macworld/iWorld Conference Pass and full access to the Macworld/iWorld Expo Hall.
Many more events, performances, featured speakers, shopping opportunities and educational programs are still to be announced. For the latest news on speakers, trainings and exhibitors at Macworld/iWorld 2014, connect with us on Twitter @MacworldExpo event hashtag #Macworld2014, like us on Facebook, circle in with us on Google+, and follow us on Instagram and YouTube.
Macworld/iWorld is the ultimate celebration of Apple fans' passions and innovations. Every year, thousands of attendees-from app developers and enterprise IT professionals, to consumers of all ages-attend Macworld/iWorld to get the inside track on the cutting-edge new products, apps, and training and discussions with tech luminaries. Attendees will encounter a blend of Apple technology-infused art, music and film, as well as learning opportunities, and a shopping mecca in the Expo Hall filled with products and services for Apple users of all skill levels and interests. Whether a home user, an artistic hobbyist, a professional or a true Technorati, Macworld/iWorld gives attendees the chance to experience all that the amazing world of Apple-related tools can offer. Macworld/iWorld will take place March 27-29, 2014 at the Moscone Center North in San Francisco. For more information, please visit http://www.macworldiworld.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is an award-winning producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld®/iWorld®, the MacIT® Conference, Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), Digital Entertainment World (DEW), The Game Marketing Summit® (GMS), Anime Expo®, BlogHer, BlogHer Food, and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.