Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Dunkin’ Brands Group, Inc.
-Company Continues Expansion to New and Exciting Venues Across the Country-
CANTON, Mass., Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN), the parent company of Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robbins, announced today it opened more than 50 non-traditional U.S. locations in 2013, at airports and other mass transportation terminals, casinos and resorts, military bases, and colleges and universities around the country.
"Dunkin' Brands has been developing non-traditional locations with our partners for over 20 years, and 2013 has proven to be a strong growth year for us as we continue to expand to many opportune venues," said Grant Benson, CFE, vice president of global franchising and business development, Dunkin' Brands. "Our franchisees enjoy the flexibility of these sites, and guests love the convenience of grabbing their favorite food and beverage items on the go, wherever their busy schedules may take them."
The first Dunkin' Donuts now available to the public in California is a non-traditional site, which opened at the historic Barstow Station in November 2013, and the company experienced continued growth in the hotel and lodging sector with the opening of two new Dunkin' Donuts locations at Great Wolf Lodge resorts in Michigan and Virginia.
In addition, the company opened 12 new Dunkin' Donuts airport locations, including Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport; Louis B. Armstrong International Airport in New Orleans, La.; Dallas-Love Field Airport; JFK International Airport Terminal 1; Newark International Airport Terminal B; George Bush Houston International Airport; Greater Rochester International Airport in Rochester, N.Y.; Blue Grass Airport in Lexington, Ky.; Denver International Airport; and Philadelphia International Airport Terminal A.
Other Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robbins openings included:
- Westfield State University, Norwich University, Merrimack College, Brandeis University and University of Rhode Island
- NBC Sports Network in Stamford, Conn.; Capital One in Richmond, Va.; Internal Revenue Service in Lanham, Md.; West Palm Beach Public Library in Fla.; and AON Center in Chicago
- Kirtland Air Force Base in Albuquerque, N.M., and Sheppard Air Force Base in Sheppard, Texas
- Casino locations at Harrah's AK-Chin in Maricopa, Ariz.; Vee Quiva Hotel & Casino in Laveen, Ariz.; and Resorts International in Atlantic City, N.J.
- Multiple locations on the Connecticut Turnpike System and two locations on the Kansas Turnpike, as well as Petro Stopping Center locations in Perrysburg, Ohio, and Remington, Ind.
- Mass transit center openings at the Worcester Center and Sullivan Station in Massachusetts and State Street facility with the Chicago Transit Authority.
Dunkin' Brands currently has more than 600 non-traditional locations in the U.S. For more information about the development of non-traditional locations with Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robbins, the company is hosting a live webinar on Thursday, March 20 at 3 p.m. EST. To register and learn more about franchising opportunities, please visit http://franchisingevents.dunkinbrands.com.
About Dunkin' Brands??
With more than 18,250 points of distribution in nearly 60 countries worldwide, Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) is one of the world's leading franchisors of quick service restaurants (QSR) serving hot and cold coffee and baked goods, as well as hard-serve ice cream. At the end of fiscal 2013 on a global basis, Dunkin' Brands' nearly 100 percent franchised business model included nearly 11,000 Dunkin' Donuts restaurants and more than 7,250 Baskin-Robbins restaurants. Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. is headquartered in Canton, Mass.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.