Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Zend, the PHP Company
New Zend Server 6.3, Zend Studio 10.6 Announced, Along With Extended Support for PHP 5.3 and Beyond
CUPERTINO, Calif., Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Zend, the PHP Company, is enhancing its official Long-Term Support (LTS) policy for PHP, enabling users to confidently continue using a given major version of PHP – for instance, PHP 5.3 – for more than five years after its initial release date. This adds an additional 2 years (40%) to the life cycle of a major PHP version, after its end of support from the open source PHP community. This extended support for the PHP runtime is available for Zend Server customers via a Long-Term Support release of Zend Server that includes support and security hotfixes both for Zend Server and the PHP runtime included in it.
By extending PHP version support for a period exceeding five years, Zend enables users to secure long-term value from their mission-critical production environments. According to Ido Benmoshe, Zend's VP of Global Services: "Migrating stable production applications to newer PHP versions is often challenging for IT organizations due to cost, time investment, and a desire not to impact the stability of a working application. This has created a support gap as many business apps stay in usage beyond the open source community's end of life for a given PHP version."
"As PHP becomes ever more widely used for mission critical purposes, more and more enterprises are faced with the challenges of maintaining a secure and compliant application environment while minimizing disruptive migrations," said Zend CEO & Co-founder Andi Gutmans. "Zend Server is now liberating IT departments from that difficult choice, and providing them the flexibility to use the power of PHP on their own terms."
To view the full PHP Long Term Support policy, visit www.zend.com/php-long-term-support
The New Zend Server 6.3
This upcoming new release of Zend Server, available later this month, will support production environments on three major versions of PHP: 5.5 (supported for the first time), 5.4, and 5.3. Zend Server 6.3 will provide Long Term Support for PHP 5.3, fully supporting that runtime version for three more years, until February 2017.
Zend Server 6.3 is a platform designed to enable the Continuous Delivery of applications. Throughout every phase of the application delivery cycle, Zend Server enables continuous integration, release and infrastructure automation, and application management. In this release, Zend Server will be adding the following new capabilities:
- Expanded version support: Zend Server will now support PHP 5.5, and will be certified to run on Ubuntu 13.10 using Apache 2.4.
- New options for Windows PHP developers coding for the IBM i platform: the XML Toolkit that allows IBM i resources to be leveraged by PHP apps will now be easily deployable on Window-based Zend Server development systems. This expands the innovation potential of IBM i organizations by making Windows developers more productive, allowing them to locally build apps meant to run on production IBM i systems.
- Faster getting up to speed with popular PHP packaged applications: Zend Server 6.3 will include several sample apps ready for deployment. This lets users painlessly try out popular apps such as Drupal, Magento, WordPress and others. Zend Server immediately configures those apps to run on PHP, streamlining the process of testing out new apps and removing the time-consuming PHP installation and setup process for each app.
Learn more about Zend Server:
Watch video: Introducing Zend Server:
The New Zend Studio 10.6
Zend is also announcing the release and immediately availability of Zend Studio 10.6, enabling smarter PHP application development. Key improvements include:
- Full support for PHP 5.5
- More intelligent project processing
- An improved debugging experience
- Improved Git integration
Learn more about Zend Studio:
Watch video: Getting Started with Zend Studio:
About Zend Technologies
Zend partners with businesses to rapidly deliver modern apps across mobile and cloud. Zend helped establish the PHP language, which today powers over 240 million applications and web sites. Zend's flagship offering, Zend Server, is the leading Application Platform for developing, deploying and managing business-critical applications in PHP. Zend solutions are deployed at more than 40,000 companies, including NYSE Euronext, BNP Paribas, Bell Helicopter, France Telecom and other leading brands worldwide. Learn more at www.zend.com
Media contact ?
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.