Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charity single brings together some of the greatest voices in the world to promote humanity's common ground and an international children's charity
LOS ANGELES, Jan. 31, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- A new musical project hopes to shine a light on humanity's commonalities by bringing together international superstars and major music industry professionals. Planned for an official release on March 12th, "We Hear Your Voice" is a charity single with a powerful message of peace, hope, and unity. Written and produced by recording artist Shani Rigsbee, the single will be internationally released through Cherokee Music Group.
The message behind "We Hear Your Voice" is that nobody is voiceless and that humanity transcends politics and borders. If international recording artists and their fans and followers all unite behind this message, then the divide between nations can begin to be bridged. A short documentary will accompany the music video; it will feature footage of the artists' recording sessions as well as interviews describing their feelings about the venture.
Artists and musicians participating in "We Hear Your Voice" include:
- Ehsan Aman, pop/rock musician popularly known as "the Bob Dylan of Afghanistan."
- Ana Victoria, Latin Grammy-nominated singer, songwriter, and producer from Mexico.
- Andy, Iranian/Armenian and American icon of the Middle East and the international diaspora.
- Kenny Aronoff, rock drummer and widely respected studio musician who has toured with the likes of John Mellencamp, the Smashing Pumpkins, and more.
- Sung-Bong Choi, the "Korean Susan Boyle" and classical vocalist who shot to fame following a viral YouTube video of his appearance on "Korea's Got Talent."
- Morris Hayes, keyboardist, songwriter, and producer most known for his longstanding work with Prince and The New Power Generation (NPG).
- Ishtar, multi-lingual solo vocalist and lead singer of the France-based group, Alabina.
- Liel Kolet, peace advocate and singer from Israel who has been filmed for a PBS documentary and has performed for Bill Clinton and the Dalai Lama.
- Momo Loudiyi, artist, producer, and singer-songwriter from Morocco and North Africa who has appeared on stages from the Hollywood Bowl to the New York Symphony Space.
- Naser Musa, oud virtuoso, songwriter, and singer of Palestinian heritage.
- Sonu Nigam, decade-spanning artist from India, often referred to as Bollywood's best playback singer and the Golden Voice of Indipop.
- Igor Nikolaev, Russian singer-songwriter and composer with dozens of albums under his name and over a hundred hits written for other top artists.
- Tim Pierce, guitarist who has released his own solo album, Guitarland, and recorded for artists such as Rick Springfield, Bruce Springsteen, Shakira, and many others.
- Jahan Raymond, piano virtuoso of Indian and Jewish heritage who released a CD in 2012 of original compositions at the age of ten.
- Shani, American singer-songwriter and creator of the "We Hear Your Voice" project whose music has spanned four solo pop albums and been featured in numerous television and film productions, including the 2004 Oscar winner, Crash.
A special acknowledgement also goes out to the multiple Grammy Award-winning producers and recording engineers who were essential to the project, K.C. Porter, Phil Ramone, Don Was, and Tom Weir.
The song, "We Hear Your Voice," first made its debut in front of thousands at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles to a standing ovation. Soon after, the artists were invited to perform the song for His Holiness the Dalai Lama in a major peace concert with some of the world's biggest names.
In addition to spreading its message through the international language of music, the song will have a tangible effect on children's lives all around the world. All net proceeds from digital downloads through Cherokee's distribution partners will be donated to an international charity focused on improving children's welfare.
Updates on the single, including its forthcoming music video and short documentary about its production, can be found on Shani's official website or at "We Hear Your Voice" on Facebook.
PR submitted by www.Cyberset.com
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.