Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE Game Marketing Summit
SAN FRANCISCO and FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Jan. 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Game Marketing Summit® (GMS), the essential conference for interactive game marketers, today announced that the Call for Entries for the 9th Annual Game Marketing Awards, which honors the best practices in marketing, promotion and advertising exclusively for the interactive game marketing community, is open. The deadline to submit works for consideration is Thursday, February 27, 2014.
New this year is Best Editing for a Video Asset, Best CG for a Video Asset, Best Use of Paid Digital Media, Best Use of Digital Media in Owned Channels and Best Use of Connected Consoles Marketing. Entries are judged on excellence in strategy, creativity and execution, as well as results in achieving objectives.
The prestigious Game Marketing Awards, judged by a jury of industry leaders, will be bestowed at a ceremony on Wednesday, April 23, in conjunction with the 2014 Game Marketing Summit at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco. Information about specific award categories and submission guidelines is available at www.gamemarketingsummit.com/awards.
Past Game Marketing Award winners include:
- Microsoft Xbox – "Halo 4 " – Marketing Campaign (Outstanding Overall Marketing Campaign of the Year)
- Electronic Arts, Heat - EA Sports Madden 13 "Madden Forever" (Outstanding Overall Marketing Campaign)
- 2K, g-NET, Gearbox – Borderlands 2 "Wimoweh" Trailer (Best Game Footage Trailer)
- Activision, The Ant Farm - Angry Birds - "Launch TV:60" (Best Live Action Promotional Content)
- Electronic Arts – The Simpsons Tapped Out (Outstanding Overall Marketing Campaign – Mobile Games)
- AKQA – "Halo 4" (Best Use of Digital Media or Use of Digital Social Media Marketing)
- Ubisoft – "Assassin's Creed III: YouTube Influencer" Campaign (Most Effective Buzz Generating Tactic)
- Capcom, Tangible Media - Resident Evil 6 Announcement Strategy (Best Product Announcement)
- The Ant Farm (Agency of the Year)
- Ubisoft (In-House Marketing Team of the Year)
About Game Marketing Summit
As the world's largest interactive game marketing gathering, the Game Marketing Summit celebrates marketing excellence overall, while providing an all-inclusive forum for common thought, bond and community. Owned by IDG World Expo, GMS is a one-day event that brings together leading industry marketing and brand executives to discuss, deliberate, debate and celebrate the issues, opportunities and successes driving the interactive entertainment industry culminating with the Game Marketing Awards Show where top creative work produced by and for the interactive game marketing community is showcased and honored. For additional information, please visit www.gamemarketingsummit.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is an award-winning producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld®/iWorld®, the MacIT® Conference, Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), Digital Entertainment World (DEW), The Game Marketing Summit® (GMS), Anime Expo®, FutureM, BlogHer, BET Experience at L.A. Live, and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
Karina St. Jean | Wendy Zaas
Rogers & Cowan
310.854.8112 | 310.854.8148
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.