HI ACHIEVERS OFFICIAL PROGRAM RULES
1. Program Description. This Program is sponsored by Hawaii USA Federal Credit Union and Hawaii News Now. The Program begins at the date noted in the contest description and ends at the date noted. Entries must be received by the deadline outlined in the contest description. Program is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Program rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This Program is open only to legal Hawaii residents who currently attend a high school in Hawaii. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., Hawaii USA FCU, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this Program.
3. How to Enter. Individuals can log on to hawaiinewsnow.com/hiachievers and complete the nomination form. Nominees will be reviewed by a selection committee, which will designate one individual, every other week as the featured HI Achiever. Decision of the committee is final. Winners will receive a prize as described on the website. All entries will be valid for consideration throughout the program duration. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely on-line and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the Program is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Program.
By entering this Program, entrant agrees that Hawaii USA FCU and Hawaii News Now may provide entrant with Promotional materials and that Hawaii News Now may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. Hawaii News Now is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Prize(s). No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. Nominees will be reviewed by a selection committee, which will
designate one individual, every other week as the featured HI Achiever. Decision of the committee is final. Winners will receive a prize as described on the website. All entries will be valid for consideration throughout the program duration. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. The featured HI Achiever will receive two hundred dollars cash ($200) and complimentary training in Hawaii USA’s Life Events Assistance Program (LEAP) – a personal financial education program designed to teach young people personal finance basics and lifelong money management skills. Upon completion of the training program, the student will earn an official HawaiiUSA Certificate of Completion. Total prize value: $700.
6. Odds of being selected as a HI Achiever depend on the number of eligible entries received, as well as meeting and exceeding all nomination criteria.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim the award. The winner(s), and if applicable any travel companion(s), will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within three days of prize notification, or the award will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her award within one month of notification.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. Hawaii USA FCU will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from Hawaii USA FCU if reported to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness for public relations and publicity purposes, without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this Program, each winner acknowledges that Hawaii USA FCU and Hawaii News Now, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she was awarded, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this Program, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the Program, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the Program or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by Hawaii USA FCU and Hawaii News Now. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by Hawaii News Now are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this Program if, for any reason, the Program is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the Program).
10. HI Achiever winners will be posted on www.HawaiiNewsNow.com/hiachievers.