HONOLULU (AP) - The U.S. Coast Guard says it has suspended a search for a crew member who went overboard from a cruise ship off Hawaii.
The Coast Guard says more than 4,900 square miles were covered in the search for the 34-year-old Filipino national working aboard the Grand Princess. The search was suspended Wednesday.
The crew member was last seen Monday night.
A Princess Cruises spokeswoman said earlier this week that surveillance footage shows the man intentionally jumping overboard.
The cruise ship was en route to Hawaii's Big Island on a 15-day trip after departing from San Francisco on Saturday. About 1,000 crewmembers and 3,000 passengers are on board.
The missing crew member was reported overboard about 1,100 miles northeast of Hilo.
The cruise ship and other vessels helped with the search.