LIHUE, KAUAI (HawaiiNewsNow) - In observance of Christmas Day, county offices will be closed on Wednesday, Dec. 25.
The following county facilities will also be closed on Dec. 25: all refuse transfer stations and HI-5 redemption centers; the Kekaha Landfill; Wailua Golf Course; Puhi Metals Recycling Center; Kaua'i Resource Center; Kapa'a and Waimea swimming pools; and all the neighborhood centers.
In addition, the Kaua'i Bus will not be operating on Christmas Day.
On Tuesday, Dec. 24, the Kaua'i Bus will be running on a regular weekday schedule for most of the day although service will end early. The last routes on Christmas Eve will be as follows:
- Route 100 Kekaha to Līhu'e – 7:30 p.m.
- Route 200 Līhu'e to Kekaha – 6:30 p.m.
- Route 30 Kōloa Shuttle – 8:15 p.m.
- Route 400 Hanalei to Līhu'e – 7:15 p.m.
- Route 500 Līhu'e to Hanalei – 6:25 p.m.
- Route 60 Kapahi Shuttle – 7:33 p.m.
- Route 70 Līhu'e Shuttle – 7:55 p.m.
Residential refuse pick-up will not be affected by the holiday and will continue as scheduled.
Normal business hours for county offices and services will resume on Thursday, Dec. 26.
For more information about recycling, please log on to the county website or call 241-4841.