HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - On New Year's Day, Wednesday, January 1, 2014:
- City government offices will be closed.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard, and police services will be provided.
- TheBus will operate on a Sunday schedule. For information, please visit www.thebus.org or call 848-5555.
- The Ala Wai, Ted Makalena, and Ewa Villages golf courses will be open from 7 - 11 a.m. for 18-hole play and 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. for 9-hole play.
- The Kahuku Golf Course will be open from 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- The Neal Blaisdell Center box office will be closed.
- The Pali and West Loch golf courses will be closed.
- The People's Open Markets will be closed.
- All Satellite City Halls and driver licensing offices will be closed.
- All Botanical gardens will be closed.
- The Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- Refuse will NOT be collected, and transfer stations, convenience centers and the landfill will be closed.
- Residents using the 3-cart collection system, with once-a-week refuse and recycling pickup, are asked to leave gray-refuse carts curbside until picked up (usually within two business days) and hold green and blue carts until the next scheduled pickup date.
The following traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
- Parking will be permitted in tow-away zones where allowed on state holidays.