Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE Silent Circle
Silent Circle subscribers can now add enhanced privacy and security for their native contacts free of charge on their Android devices, complementing Silent Phone and Silent Text
WASHINGTON, Dec. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Silent Circle, the global encrypted communications firm revolutionizing mobile device privacy and security for organizations and individuals alike, today announced the availability of its Silent Contacts app for Android via Google Play. Silent Contacts is a companion application free for Silent Circle subscribers that gives Silent Phone and Silent Text users an encrypted address book and full control of their call logs and contacts without compromising privacy. Silent Circle's Android users now have the ability to communicate privately via secure voice, video, text and file transfers while protecting the integrity of their contacts.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20121016/LA92632LOGO )
Silent Contacts for Android's key features include:
- Encrypted storage of your Silent Circle contacts
- Control over who can see your contacts' information
- Import existing contacts from legacy address book into Silent Contacts
- Export contacts and share with other devices
- Uses Silent KeyManager to securely store your encryption keys
- Encrypted password protection for your Silent Phone application
"Silent Contacts for Android was developed as an enhancement to our current suite of services to ensure our Android customers are provided with the best possible options for added reliability and privacy controls," said Silent Circle CTO and co-founder Jon Callas. "In 2014, we will look to expand our Silent Contacts platform with more robust features that further strengthen privacy protection for iOS users of our services."
Silent Contacts for Android complements Silent Circle's private communications services including Silent Phone & Silent Text applications for secure mobile voice, video calling, text messaging and file transfers by offering additional privacy and security for Silent Circle's subscribers.
About Silent Circle's private communications services:
- Silent Phone: Encrypted mobile VoIP calling with ability to seamlessly switch to high-quality, secure video calls, on-demand. Currently available for iOS and Android, it can be used with Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G LTE cellular anywhere in the world.
- Out-Circle Access: Enables calls between one Silent Phone subscriber and a non-subscriber.*
- Silent Text: Encrypted text messaging with support for almost any attachment up to 100MB and "Burn Notice" feature for permanently deleting messages from senders' and receivers' device registries. Messages can include map locations and multimedia recorded in the app. Currently available for iOS and Android.
- Silent Phone for Desktop: Encrypted VoIP audio and video calls and conferencing from Windows laptops and desktops through Silent Circle's custom HD network. Compatible with Silent Phone. Currently available for Windows PC's.
*Currently limited to PSTN calls in U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.
ABOUT SILENT CIRCLE
Silent Circle is a global encrypted communications service headquartered in Washington D.C. providing a revolutionary peer-to-peer platform for encrypted voice, video, text and file transfer on mobile devices via a secure, proprietary network, software and mobile apps. Silent Circle was co-founded by Mike Janke, former Navy SEAL and best-selling author and Phil Zimmermann, the world famous Silicon Valley creator of Internet encryption for voice and data and 2012 inductee into the Internet Hall of Fame. For more on Silent Circle, go to: https://www.silentcircle.com
Welz & Weisel Communications
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.