Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE USA TODAY Travel Media Group
MCLEAN, Va., Dec. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- USA TODAY Travel Media Group is expanding its presence on mobile with the new Experience Las Vegas app and the relaunch of the AutoPilot app. The Experience Las Vegas app, available on iPhone and Android, features travel planning tools and information, photos, and best-of recommendations to help travelers create a custom Las Vegas experience. The AutoPilot app, available on iPhone, features real-time updates on flight delays and weather conditions for travelers while they are on the move.
"Expanding USA TODAY Travel's mobile presence is a major focus for us as it plays an increasingly critical role in travel planning, booking and research. We've always been a leader in providing travelers with information but now we're also providing the tools to help travelers plan an ideal trip. We are committed to delivering these best-in-class mobile experiences for our on-the-go audience and these two apps are just the start," said John Peters, president of the USA TODAY Travel Media Group.
The Experience Las Vegas app includes:
- Recommendations based on lifestyle and traveler type, such as Shopping Diva, Luxury Lover, Wallet Watcher, Foodie, Newbie or Partier.
- Exclusive articles and galleries from local insiders and travel experts.
- A real-time curated feed of trending places and events happening nearby.
- A daily Vegas deals feature.
- In a partnership with MyCityWay, the app features MyCityWay's robust local search and discovery content including dining, nightlife, shopping and attractions, as well as celebrity comings and goings, and local deals and shows.
The AutoPilot app includes:
- A feature that lets travelers easily track trip and flight itineraries using the device's GPS capabilities offering real-time updates as location and travel needs change.
- A Flight Tracker features that keeps track of departing and arriving flights via flight number, airport or route. Travelers can get up-to-the-minute delay information for more than 16,000 airports, 1,400 airlines and 100,000 daily flights.
- A weather feature for travelers to get current weather conditions as well as up-to-the-minute regional radar and the five day forecasts at your exact location.
The USA TODAY Travel Media Group will launch two additional mobile products in 2013. An Experience Food and Wine app will debut on the iPhone. An Experience Las Vegas HD video magazine will be available on iPad as well. More apps will follow in 2014.
USA TODAY is a multi-platform news and information media company. Founded in 1982, USA TODAY's mission is to serve as a forum for better understanding and unity to help make the USA truly one nation. Through its unique visual storytelling, USA TODAY delivers high-quality and engaging content across print, digital, social and video platforms. An innovator of news and information, USA TODAY reflects the pulse of the nation and serves as the host of the American conversation – today, tomorrow and for decades to follow. USA TODAY reaches a monthly audience of more than 44 million. USA TODAY is owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI).
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.