Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE Hyundai Motor America
COSTA MESA, Calif., Oct. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hyundai has joined forces with Fox Marketing Cars to create the most powerful street-focused Veloster Turbo ever. The car will be showcased at the 2013 SEMA show in Las Vegas, November 5-8.
Fox Marketing leveraged the outstanding reliability and performance potential of Hyundai's 1.6-liter, 4-cylinder direct-injected, turbocharged Gamma powerplant as the core of its SEMA concept. A comprehensive package of advanced engine components, including a new 845 Motorsports turbo upgrade, BorgWarner EFR turbo, front-mounted intercooler, AEM water/methanol injection system, VP Racing 101-octane performance fuel and an ECU tune from SeoulfulRacing, boosts output to an impressive 370 horsepower.
The addition of a UNIQ Performance strut brace, ImportShark chassis bracing and fully-adjustable ARK Performance coil-over suspension ensure the Fox Marketing Veloster Turbo puts all that power to the tarmac and keeps it flat in high-speed cornering, while new Street Pro LE seats and Takata Drift III 4-point harnesses hold the driver firmly in place. Braking performance has been improved with WP Pro EX6 6-piston front calipers with carbon fiber ducting and 13.6-inch wavy-cut rotors for neck-wrenching stopping power.
Exterior modifications give the Veloster Turbo an aggressive demeanor that perfectly complements the engine and chassis upgrades. A hand-mixed paint from BASF color lab dubbed R-M Oynx HD Waterborne SkyAqua Pearl is the most striking exterior component, while the addition of Hyundai Genesis fog lights, an ImportShark front lip spoiler, custom rear fascia mesh and custom front fascia round-out the bold exterior modifications.
"The Veloster Turbo was designed with affordable performance in mind," said Scott Margason, director, product planning, Hyundai Motor America. "Fox Marketing's unique concept showcases the versatility of our turbocharged 4-cylinder Gamma engine family while expanding the overall performance envelope for the Veloster line."
- 1.6-liter turbocharged, direct-injected Gamma 4-cylinder engine
- SeoulfulRacing factory ECU custom tune
- 845 Motorsports Turbo Upgrade
- BorgWarner EFR 6258 turbo
- 845 Motorsports stainless steel tubular manifold
- 1.5-in. primaries with 1/2-in. flanges
- Vband 3-in. 304 stainless downpipe
- 845 Motorsports 3-in. aluminum cold air intake
- Front-mounted intercooler
- 2.25-in. aluminum hot-side charge pipe
- 2.5-in. aluminum cold-side charge pipe
- Custom oil and coolant lines
- Nitrous Express N-Tercooler sprayer
- AEM X-WiFi (EGT-Air Fuel) iPhone mobile gauge solution
- AEM water/methanol injection
- AEM Tru-Boost
- ARK Performance 2.5-in. cat-back exhaust
- VP Racing VP101 performance fuel
- ARK Performance 35-way adjustable coil-overs
- UNIQ Performance strut tower brace
- ImportShark mid-brace, chassis brake, lower tie bar, cross-bracing, sway bars
- BASF R-M Oynx HD Waterborne SkyAqua paint
- BASF R-M Oynx HD Black D403 paint
- Custom Hyundai Genesis Coupe fog light surrounds
- Genesis Coupe fog lights
- ImportShark front lip spoiler
- Custom rear fascia mesh
- Takata black tow strap
- Takata Street Pro LE reclining racing seats
- Takata seat sliders
- Takata Drift III 4-point harnesses
- Custom steel bases
- Custom Takata rear seats
- WP Pro EX6 6-piston calipers with carbon-fiber ducting
- 13.6-in. wavy-cut rotors
- Stainless steel braided brake lines
HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA
Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Costa Mesa, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through more than 820 dealerships nationwide. All Hyundai vehicles sold in the U.S. are covered by the Hyundai Assurance program, which includes the 5-year/60,000-mile fully-transferable new vehicle limited warranty, Hyundai's 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty and five years of complimentary Roadside Assistance. Hyundai Assurance includes Assurance Connected Care that provides owners of Hyundai models equipped with the Hyundai Blue Link telematics system with proactive safety and car care services complimentary for three years. These services include Automatic Collision Notification, Enhanced Roadside Assistance, Vehicle Diagnostic Alert, Monthly Vehicle Health Report and in-vehicle service scheduling.
For more details on Hyundai Assurance, please visit www.HyundaiAssurance.com
Please visit our media website at www.hyundainews.com and our blog at www.hyundailikesunday.com
Hyundai Motor America on Twitter | YouTube | Facebook
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.