Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
READING, England, Oct. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Opsview, the leading unified services monitoring vendor, today announced new research indicating over a third of companies do not backup their network device configurations and of those that do, 20% of businesses are manually backing up their configurations. The research, conducted by Opsview, looked at businesses and their usage of network performance monitoring software.
The research shows that of the businesses surveyed there were some clear trends in the networking sector.
- Cisco continues to dominate the networking equipment space with over 70% of businesses preferring Cisco to other vendors.
- SNMP Traps are now in use by over 65% of businesses, with over 80% of those using SNMPv2.
- NetFlow is the most widely used *Flow protocol, with 72% of respondents currently using it.
- 77% of respondents use network monitoring tools primarily to maintain network stability.
- Over a third of companies surveyed didn't backup their network device configurations and 20% of those that are backing up, do so manually.
Full press release available here: http://www.opsview.com/whats-new/news/opsview-network-monitoring-survey
About The Survey
Conducted in Q3 of 2013, the Opsview study looked at the use of network performance monitoring technologies and standards by I.T. teams around the world. With 257 respondents, the survey covered a number of areas of network performance including syslog monitoring, use of *Flow technologies and reasons behind choice of monitoring tools.
Opsview, an IT infrastructure monitoring platform and an innovative business service, delivers improved control on an enterprise scale. Its outstanding combination of ease-of-use and a flexible, standards-based architecture has attracted a wide range of SME's, enterprise and government customers including Harvard, MIT, Yale and Cornell Universities; Allianz, BSkyB, UPS, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Netapp, VMware and Muller. The vendor's notable service provider customers include Deloitte, IBM, Telefonica, Dimension Data, BT Plusnet and Colt.
Copyright © 2013 Opsview. All Rights Reserved. Enterprise Centre, Whiteknights Road, Reading, RG6 6BU, UK. Opsview, Opsview Enterprise and Opsview Pro are trademarks of Opsview Ltd. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos referenced belong to their respective companies.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.