Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Enterasys Networks
Growth in Education Tied to Rise of BYOD in the Classroom and Demand for IT Infrastructure to Support Online Testing Initiatives
SALEM, N.H., Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Enterasys Networks has achieved 32 percent growth in education business worldwide from new customers in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2013, as the company continues to help higher education institutions and K-12 school districts meet the demands of BYOD and online testing requirements. Attendees at EDUCAUSE 2013 Annual Conference this week can hear more about the company's solutions and industry trends during its CIO Innovation Sessions at booth #1119 as well as a panel discussing how university CIOs can be transformational.
- In fourth quarter of fiscal 2013, wireless revenue in higher education increased 99 percent worldwide and 84 percent in North America.
- Last quarter, Enterasys' education business from solely new customers was up 25 percent in North America and all products in education were up 290 percent in Central Europe and 354 percent in the EMEA region.
- Growth in K-12 from new customers grew 18 percent worldwide for all products and 34 percent in EMEA.
- Latin America continued to have impressive growth with a 208 percent increase in wireless revenue in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2013.
Customer & Program Highlights
- In September, Enterasys partnered with Chelmsford Public School District to support the district's BYOD, cloud and online testing initiatives. Enterasys' OneFabric architecture allowed Chelmsford's two-person IT staff to manage thousands of devices on the network across the school district's nine locations.
- Enterasys grew in the higher education market, working with schools such as Broward College, Wittenberg University and Oral Roberts University.
- Enterasys' MOOC program completed the first Data Networking Fundamentals class and last month launched the Wireless LAN Fundamentals and Data Center Basics courses. The program now has over 1,000 students from 40 different countries and continues to grow.
- Enterasys is participating in Connected Educator Month and is sponsoring a video contest to promote how schools are using technology in the classroom. Also this month, Enterasys will sponsor Digital Citizenship Week.
- To prepare for Common Core State Standards (CCSS) assessments, Enterasys offers districts affordable networks that provide visibility into all users and devices. They can make sure a school's network not only meets assessment demands, but is future-proofed to meet tomorrow's rigorous testing requirements. Enterasys has also made available a resource center to assist school districts in preparing for online Common Core assessment.
Rick Mickool, CIO, Wittenberg University
"Enterasys knows higher education and knows our challenges and they are really focused on making us successful. We don't get the feeling that we are dealing with a big, impersonal corporate environment which is critical for a smaller institution like Wittenberg. With Enterasys, our management and control has improved and we have much better visibility into what is happening on the network. We are finally able to manage access and accessibility for both the wired and wireless network with one management system."
Hakan Unal, Network Division Manager, Koc University
"With over 6,500 users across five different locations, Koc University is a longstanding Enterasys customer with over 14 years of experience with them. During this time we have installed almost every product within the Enterasys portfolio and, whether wired or wireless, the level of support provided by the Enterasys team has been outstanding. We look forward to a continued relationship and fantastic new technology from them in the years to come."
Steven Tallant, ICT Development Manager, St. Austin's Catholic Primary School
"Enhancing the learning environment for students and teachers was a top priority for the entire team at St. Austin's Catholic Primary School. Working with Enterasys to enable wireless connectivity in the classroom has accelerated these initiatives and provided our teachers with the technology resources to provide a world-class learning environment. Additionally, we've relied on Enterasys' best-in-class service and support to navigate and quickly rectify issues."
Filipe Miguel Coutinho Batista Duarte, Network and Systems Administrator, The Instituto Politecnico de Santarem
"The Instituto Politecnico de Santarem has been an Enterasys customer since 2004. Despite significant application and technological changes, the Enterasys infrastructure has stood the test of time and continues to underpin everything we do. As an academic institution we have been at the forefront of the BYOD revolution and seen a huge increase in the number of WLAN attached devices, rising from a few dozen around 2004 to 450-500 connected devices today. The Enterasys WLAN solution has helped us overcome these challenges and helped us serve our academic population across three locations, providing a highly secure, reliable infrastructure."
Jacir Luiz Bordim, IT Director, University of Brasilia
"The procurement process for the University of Brasilia (UNB) follows the recommendations of the Federal Government, which is aligned with the best practices of the national and international market for the acquisition of IT goods and services. All the major vendors in the networking space took part in the bidding process for our purchase of new switching equipment. In the course of this review, which takes into account several technical issues, such as cost of maintenance and operation of the park, the solution presented by Enterasys was identified as the most suitable to meet the needs of University of Brasilia."
About Enterasys Networks
Enterasys Networks is one of the fastest growing companies in the networking industry, providing patented and differentiated wired and wireless network infrastructure, as well as security and management solutions. Enterasys OneFabric is the industry's first fabric-based networking solution to extend visibility and control from virtual servers to mobile devices for cloud computing, software-defined networking, and data center environments. OneFabric enables our customers to provision the network from the data center to the mobile edge with consistent performance to deliver a positive end user experience through enhanced application analytics, all managed from a single pane of glass. With over 20,000 customers and sales in over 90 countries, Enterasys addresses the complexities of today's mega-trends around Mobile, Social, Cloud and Big Data, serving customers across major verticals including education (K-12 and higher education), healthcare, government, manufacturing and hospitality. For more information about Enterasys please visit or www.enterasys.com.
+1 603 952 5151
+1 617 624 3231
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.