Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
BRIDGEPORT, Conn., Oct. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Centerplate, hospitality partner to top sporting venues, convention centers and cultural attractions across North America and the U.K., is bringing the local flavors and favorites of Southwest Connecticut to Webster Bank Arena. Centerplate is thrilled to provide a true taste of New England's cuisine to fans and guests, while also creating exciting new possibilities for the Bridgeport economy.
As the hospitality partner, Centerplate created an innovative new menu including a new dining destination-the Limerick Pub-featuring Mucho Nachos, Guinness Glazed Wings, Guinness BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich, Shaved Corned Beef Sandwich and the Dublin Dip, soft pretzel sticks, spinach and artichoke dip or an Irish Ale cheese dip.
Other notable new additions include:
- Timothy's Ice Cream Cart, featuring handmade local ice cream since 1982
- Connecticut Style Lobster Roll, featuring buttered fresh, locally-supplied lobsters by Westport Fishing Company on a hot locally backed Chaves roll.
- Craft beers from Two Roads Brewery, a Stratford, CT-based microbrewer alongside Narragansett Beer (RI), Blue Point Brewing Co. (NY), and Oskar Blues (CO).
- A new dessert cart featuring house-made specialties including cannolis, chocolate shot glasses with cordials, and a selection of sweets from Sweet & Simple, a local bakery located in Fairfield and pies from Michelle's Pies of Norwalk.
- Joe's Missing Link, the famous custom-made sausages from Milford which include the Italian Sausage tray with peppers and onions and hot links.
- Fairfield-based Wilson's Barbeque barbeque sandwiches and sliders paired with Liquid Lunch soups from Shelton, CT.
- Carvery Cart featuring hand-carved roast beef, turkey, and other specialties.
- Newly renovated Stags Club featuring signature cocktails from a local mixologist
"It is wonderful to see Centerplate reach out to the local food community. Many of their new vendors have been featured on Food Network and Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. The quality and selection of food has changed dramatically," said Howard Saffan, President, Harbor Yard Sports & Entertainment/Bridgeport Sound Tigers Hockey Club.
"We know that the Webster Bank Arena is a huge part of the local community," says Peter Matra, Centerplate's Regional Vice President. "Our goal is to provide our guests and fans with a true local experience, while also providing opportunities to local businesses."
Centerplate crafts and delivers "Craveable Experiences. Raveable Results." for more than 115 million guests each year in over 300 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues across North America and the United Kingdom. Centerplate has provided event hospitality to 30 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls, 13 Super Bowls, 21 World Series, the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, and the largest plated dinner in history. Recently, the company was named the fastest growing restaurant/hospitality group in the United States by Nation's Restaurant News, and has recently expanded operations in the United Kingdom. Visit the company online at www.centerplate.com or connect with us on twitter @centerplate or facebook.com/Centerplate.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.