Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE Party City
Go Beyond the Basic Costume with this Year's Top Fashion Trends
ROCKAWAY, N.J., Oct. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- According to the National Retail Federation, 158 million Americans are expected to celebrate Halloween and dressing in costumes is one of the most popular ways to revel in the spooky spirit. Each year North America's leading Halloween retailer, Party City, analyzes pop culture, the latest fashion crazes and Hollywood blockbusters to determine the year's biggest costume trends. As Halloween is the ideal occasion for consumers to showcase their creativity, an increasing demand continues for personalized, one-of-a-kind costumes, and Party City has unlimited options for shoppers to transform head-to-toe into their own unique character. So as everyone asks "who you gonna be?" the industry expert, Party City goes beyond the basic costume to reveal this year's top fashion trends – enabling consumers to be heroic, magical, scary or simply be the life of the party.
- Superheroes: With movies like "Iron Man 3" and "Man of Steel: Superman" scoring box office records, it's no surprise superheroes remain a top costume trend. Party City's exclusive Marvel Mix and Match Shop is full of superhero costume accessories, allowing the entire family to show off their "Marvelous" side with masks, shields and gloves. Additionally, Party City's officially licensed Spiderman, Iron Man and Captain America one-piece spandex Partysuits are perfect for any caped crusader.
- Monster High: The freaky fashionistas from Monster High are a favorite among tween girls looking for a trendy, to-die-for look this Halloween. Exclusive to Party City are deluxe costumes featuring Draculaura, Frankie Stein and new characters like Jinafire Long. Party City also carries 12 different Monster High costumes and a wide assortment of accessories to create a truly unique creepy character.
- Disney Princesses: Every little girl dreams of becoming a princess, and Disney Princesses make Halloween a fairy tale come true. With the re-release of "The Little Mermaid" from the Disney Vault on Oct. 1, Ariel makes a splash at the top of costume charts for 2013. For little girls wanting to create a customized storybook character, Party City's Disney Princess Boutique offers an incredible assortment of costume accessories.
- Feathered Fashion: With plumes in every hue flocking the runway this fall, feathers are no longer just for the birds, and Party City offers an assortment of feathered accessories to bring any character to life. Stand out from the flock and become a peacock queen or a ravishing rainbow bird with tutus, corsets, masks and more.
- Black and Bone Skeletons: Energized by the resurgence of Victorian fashion, gothic glamour returns from the grave just in time for Halloween. Be striking in a black and bone skeleton print, paired with Victorian-style stripes and lace, to create a truly bad-to-the-bone character. Additionally, the rising popularity of the Hispanic holiday, Day of the Dead, makes skeletons a popular Halloween trend.
- Medieval Mania: Inspired by "Game of Thrones" and other popular historical television dramas, medieval looks make a character comeback this year. Create a mother of dragons look or become a noble king with an array of accessories including faux furs, wigs, crowns and capes.
- Color Coordinates: Bight, bold hues that span the color spectrum are all the rage, making color a great way to showcase a shopper's personality. One-piece spandex Partysuits layered with jewelry, glasses and moustaches or rave wear paired with kaleidoscopic wigs, leg warmers and tutus are perfect for creating a bold costume with big personality. Party City carries 10 colors in the most popular accessories, great for dressing up Halloween costumes, game-day attire, and fundraising events like Race for the Cure.
- Geek Chic: Geeks are at the top of the social hierarchy from popular television shows like "The Big Bang Theory" and sophisticated nerdy celebrities like Kanye West and Justin Timberlake. Pull out the pocket protectors and plaid-printed glasses and go geek this Halloween with knee socks, suspenders and bowties. Party City offers new costumes tailored after this super geeky trend, including Nerdy Hello Kitty, and mix and match geek chic accessories to create a nerd-tastic outfit.
As the leading Halloween retailer with more than 800 stores, Party City has thousands of styles and millions of costumes to create one-of-a-kind Halloween characters. Consumers are encouraged to pose, click and share their customized character looks using #BeACharacter, and for more costume inspiration, Party City's website features a special Halloween & Party Ideas tab with helpful videos, photo galleries and costume makeup tutorials. For additional information on this year's hottest Halloween costumes, visit a local Party City store or PartyCity.com
About Party City
Party City Holdings Inc. designs, manufactures, contracts for manufacture and distributes party goods, including paper and plastic tableware, metallic balloons, accessories, novelties, gifts, and stationery and is North America's No. 1 party retailer with more than 800 company-owned and franchise locations throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Headquartered in Rockaway, N.J., Party City became part of the Amscan Holdings, Inc., family in 2005. With their worldwide facilities in Asia, Europe and Australia, as well as distribution centers in the Americas, the merger has made it possible to design, manufacture and distribute products in the United States and overseas. The vision of providing more party for less has made Party City the largest specialty party retailer and premiere Halloween destination in North America.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.