Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Oct. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- 20 Mopar-modified Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, Ram, Fiat and SRT vehicles headed for premier aftermarket show in Las Vegas
- 15,300 square-foot exhibit to highlight custom vehicles, Mopar performance parts and accessories, and Jeep Performance Parts developed by newly created Mopar Off-Road Division
It's SEMA season.
Today Chrysler Group LLC released sketches of select Mopar-modified vehicles that are headed for the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas. The show takes place Nov. 5-8 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20131008/DE93379 )
"We developed these Mopar-modified vehicles to inspire ultimate customization," said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand. "With catalogs full of proven, quality-tested performance parts and accessories, Mopar is a one-stop shop for factory-engineered personalization."
The company will display 20 Mopar-modified Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, Ram, Fiat and SRT vehicles at the show in a 15,300 square-foot exhibit. In addition to custom vehicles, the company will highlight Jeep Performance Parts developed by its newly created Mopar Off-Road Division.
Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand. With the creation of the industrial alliance between Chrysler Group and Fiat S.p.A., Mopar is extending its global reach, integrating service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance dealer and customer support worldwide. Mopar's global portfolio includes more than 500,000 parts and accessories that are distributed in more than 130 markets. Mopar is the source for genuine parts and accessories for Chrysler Group brands as well as Fiat brands.
Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler Group and Fiat vehicles – a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at www.mopar.com.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with customers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format. First to offer complete vehicle-information kits in Spanish
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- wiAdvisor: first to provide factory-connected tablet technology in the service lane for instant vehicle diagnosis
- wiTech: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
More than 75 Years of Mopar
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words Motor and PARts) was trademarked for antifreeze product in 1937. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960s – the muscle-car era. The former Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth "package cars" equipped with special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of "special parts" for super-stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use. The brand has expanded to include technical service and customer support.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.