Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Boston Children's Hospital
Conference will address "Turning Science into Care" for obesity prevention
BOSTON, Oct. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- This two-day conference on Thursday, Oct. 10 and Friday, Oct. 11 will bring together national health providers, researchers and community leaders to discuss the latest childhood obesity research and its translation into successful community interventions.
"Turning Science Into Care" will examine the underlying science, real-world challenges
and opportunities for more effective prevention and treatment in the community. This unique gathering will be co-chaired by David Ludwig, MD, PhD, director, and Cara Ebbeling, PhD, associate director of the New Balance Foundation Obesity Prevention Center Boston Children's Hospital, who have conducted highly-cited research into new dietary approaches to childhood obesity.
- School-based interventions to address pediatric obesity
- Interventions for preschool-aged children and families
- After-school physical activity interventions
- Community research: behind the scenes and beyond the manuscripts-what worked and what didn't
- Telehealth and integrated care for childhood obesity
- Future of community interventions: collaborating for change
- Connecting the pieces and advocating for change (Barbara Ferrer, Boston Public Health
Thursday, October 10, 2013
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday, October 11, 2013
8 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Boston Marriott Long Wharf
296 State Street
Boston, MA 02109
Full Conference Agenda and Information:
To attend the event or arrange interviews with the speakers and panelists, please contact:
Boston Children's Hospital
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.