Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE Dian Griesel, Ph.D., and Tom Griesel
WASHINGTON, Conn., Oct. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Halloween can be a very scary time of the year when it comes to our diet and health efforts. This day seems to be the "kickoff party" for year-end holiday celebrations in the office. It's a safe bet there will be plenty of orange-colored candy, cake, donuts, cupcakes and even cream cheese and bagels within easy reach. However, there are some proactive steps people can take to avoid falling victim to the sugar rush and extra holiday pounds.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20131007/PH92886 )
Health experts Dian Griesel, Ph.D., and Tom Griesel, authors of the books TurboCharged: Accelerate Your Fat Burning Metabolism, Get Lean Fast and Leave Diet and Exercise Rules in the Dust (April 2011, BSH) and The TurboCharged Mind (January 2012, BSH), offer the following tips to avoid a crash:
- Rally your co-workers to boycott the candy and goodies this year and replace them with healthier food items. Make an office resolution to keep out of the office all the extra candy that the kids brought home or that didn't go to the trick-or-treaters.
- Start the day by brewing a pot of pumpkin-flavored coffee or tea. This should help get co-workers in the spirit of things.
- Bring in a variety of fruit for morning break and colored veggies for enjoyment at lunch or afternoon break.
- Take a leisurely lunchtime walk to see the change of foliage and get some fresh air.
- If you are a baker, try making a gluten-free, low or sugar-free pumpkin pie. There are even many recipes for crust-less versions that make things even more interesting and easy. Whipped cream can be made with stevia or Splenda for an even more decadent, yet healthy dessert.
Even if some diehard sugar addicts elect not to participate, the health-minded folks will have some excellent choices and most likely a lot of fun too.
Who knows, it might become a normal weekly event!
TurboCharged® is a groundbreaking 8-Step program that defies common weight-loss theories. It successfully delivers body-defining rapid fat loss, accelerates metabolism, and improves health and odds of longevity without gimmicks, supplements or special equipment. The TurboCharged Mind is an excellent companion book to the author's acclaimed rapid fat loss book, TurboCharged, or perfect as a standalone read. A series of supporting TurboCharged™ hypnosis downloads are available for sale via the book's website, which offers ideal guided meditations to support and direct self-hypnosis sessions for faster fat loss, greater health, reduced stress, and to quit smoking.
For more information, log on to http://www.turbocharged.us.com.
Contact: Tom Griesel, Business School of Happiness, Inc. 860-619-0177
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.