Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
The ScanSnap SV600, Equipped with Versatile Imaging Technology and Page Turning Detection Functionality, Quickly Converts Hard-to-Scan Objects Into Digital Documents
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Oct. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Fujitsu, the market leader in document imaging scanners, today introduced the newest addition to its award-winning ScanSnap product lineup, the ScanSnap SV600, featuring a new versatile technique to quickly and easily digitize bound, fragile and large documents such as magazines, books, newspapers, drawings, photos, paintings, business cards and much more. While still maintaining the ScanSnap legacy of providing easy-to-use one-button scanning and advanced imaging technology, the SV600 utilizes its compact scanning design to turn hard-to-scan objects into PDF or JPEG files which can then be easily stored, shared and accessed.
The ScanSnap SV600 is equipped with new "Versatile Imaging Technology" (VI Technology) allowing the scanner to minimize the unevenness in image quality and generate a smooth, uniform digital image that looks natural to the reader's eye. This is important when scanning thick, bound and uneven documents such as books, magazines and artwork. Its single camera scan functionality also gives users the ability to scan valuable and delicate documents without ever touching the surface.
The ScanSnap SV600 also includes "Book Image Correction" and "Page Turning Detection" functionality. The Book Image Correction compensates for the curvature in open books or magazines and automatically corrects the distortion in the scanned image, and then you can confirm and fine-tune the images on the preview dialog after scanning. Its Page Turning Detection automatically identifies when a page is turned for continuous, hassle-free one-button scanning. Check out this video tutorial of the ScanSnap SV600 for a glimpse into its versatile scanning features.
"The ScanSnap SV600 adds an entirely new document imaging feature set to the ScanSnap scanner line providing customers with a compact, yet feature-rich scanner capable of digitizing documents such as books, magazines and artwork," said Scott Francis, senior vice president of marketing, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. "It's the perfect solution for anyone looking for a simple, efficient, and affordable way to preserve those hard-to-scan documents and access them anywhere, anytime."
Additional Details of the new ScanSnap SV600
The ScanSnap SV600 allows users to quickly transform their paperwork into editable documents at the push of a button. It can scan large documents up to 1.18 inches high and 11" x 17" in length in less than 3 seconds (600dpi, color) and is capable of scanning multiple documents at the same time, such as business cards or photos, which can then be automatically cropped into individual digitized documents. Additional feature details and in-box software of the ScanSnap SV600 include:
- Versatile Imaging Technology: The scanner is equipped with "VI Technology" combining a deep depth of field lens, CCD linear image sensor and high directivity LED lamp to minimize unevenness in image quality and prevent the scans from being affected by the surrounding light to generate smooth images even when scanning from a distance.
- Digital Book Filing Cabinet Creation: Bundled with Rack2-Filer Smart with Magic Desktop, users are able to efficiently scan books or magazines and organize them into graphical e-binders and virtual cabinets. Users simply place a bound document under the scanner and let its Book Image Correction do the work. This feature compensates for the curvature in open books or magazines to flatten the distortion in the scanned image by accurately detecting the outlines of the pages and inferring the height of the documents. Users can also utilize the SV600's Page Turning Detection, which automatically identifies when a page is turned for continuous, hassle-free one-button scanning. Users can then fine tune scanned images in the preview dialog if necessary, create thumbnails using the front and back cover of a scanned book, and file away in the virtual bookshelf for anywhere, anytime access of their digitized books.
- Multiple Document Detection: With a simple push of a button the Multiple Document Detection function allows users to automatically scan and crop several documents into one scan when placed within the scanning area. Place multiple business cards, photos or clippings and watch while the SV600 intelligently crops and rotates each one.
- Customizable Quick Menu: For additional convenience and flexibility, the ScanSnap Quick Menu is fully customizable and automatically appears after scanning providing a quick and easy way to send those scanned documents to several popular "Scan-To" applications. Furthermore, the Quick Menu incorporates new intelligence that anticipates the appropriate application while keeping users in the driver's seat for easy and faithful disposition of content.
- Cloud Services Support: Users can scan documents directly to Evernote, Google Docs™, Dropbox, SugarSync, and Salesforce from their computer, giving them even more flexibility to store, share and access their paperwork.
- Scan-to Functions: Offers users a flexible way to manage PDF, searchable PDF and JPEG files, providing them with an easy way to scan to a folder, attach scans to an email, send scans to a printer, as well as to a variety of cloud-based repositories like Evernote, Dropbox, and others.
- ScanSnap Manager: Provides users with one button searchable PDF creation, access to intelligent features and custom scan settings (profiles) for simple operation with sophisticated results.
- Efficient Business Card Scanning: Users can capture a business card, extract the information automatically and export it to Outlook, Excel®, Salesforce and other contact management software.
- ScanSnap Organizer for PC: Offers users a convenient way to store, manage and view PDF and JPEG files as well as perform post-scan editing, keyword entry and searchable PDF conversion.
- ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap: ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap™ allows users to be productive by quickly transforming their paperwork into editable Word®, Excel and PowerPoint files at the push of a button.
Pricing & Availability
The Fujitsu ScanSnap SV600 is available now for $795.00 (U.S. list) through Fujitsu authorized resellers.
Additional Supporting Resources
For more information about Fujitsu ScanSnap visit:
The Fujitsu Service Advantage
The Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner comes standard with a 1-year depot limited warranty. Additionally, the Advance Exchange™ service offering, the Fujitsu overnight replacement program, provides the customer a replacement scanner prior to shipment of any malfunctioned scanner back to Fujitsu. The Advance Exchange offering is available for $99 covering 12 months. For more information about Fujitsu services, contact a Fujitsu distribution partner or service sales at 800-301-9475 or visit http://www.ImagingService.com.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.4 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. is an established leader in the Document Imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business productivity issues and streamline operations. Fujitsu provides cutting-edge document capture solutions for business and personal environments, backed by a comprehensive portfolio of service and support programs. For more information about Fujitsu Document Imaging solutions and services, visit http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa or call us at 800-626-4686.
Copyright 2013 Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. All rights reserved. Fujitsu and the Fujitsu logo are registered trademarks. Statements herein are based on normal operating conditions and are not intended to create any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. reserves the right to modify at any time without notice these statements, our services, pricing, products, and their warranty and performance specifications.
Video with caption: "Fujitsu Computer Products America Launches New ScanSnap SV600." Video available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUFeI3lU_z0&feature=youtu.be
Image with caption: "The new ScanSnap SV600 scanning a magazine." Image available at: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20131007/SF92559
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.