Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE Range Networks
Range Networks Recognized for Advancing the Future of Cellular Networks with the Only Complete Commercial Open Source Cellular System
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Range Networks, the leading U.S. provider of commercial open source cellular systems, today announced that it won the Competitive Carriers Association's (CCA) "Industry Innovation Award" as well as Telecom Council's "Graham Bell Award for Best Communications Solution." Both awards honor Range Networks' outstanding innovative contribution to the telecom industry.
- Range Networks is advancing the future of cellular networks with the only complete commercial open source cellular system.
- Range Networks empowers rural communities, first responders, remote outposts and small network operators to deploy cellular networks as part of a pre-existing network or standalone system.
- Made in the U.S.A. and based on open standards, Range Networks systems are simple to deploy and manage and cost a fraction of traditional solutions.
- Competitive Carriers Association is the nation's leading association for competitive wireless providers serving all areas of the United States. CCA advocates on behalf of its members' interests and works to educate policymakers on the key issues that impact members' ability to compete, survive and thrive.
- CCA evaluated its members, and elected Range Networks as the winner of the "Industry Innovation Award," given the company's ingenuity and forward-thinking achievements.
- The Service Provider members of the Telecom Council awarded seven young telecom companies for their innovation, execution, management, and technologies. Range Networks was chosen from over 100 young telecom companies for having ideas, relevance and traction that most appeal to carriers from around the globe.
Faith Sedlin, COO of Range Networks said:
"It is an honor to be recognized by the Competitive Carriers Association and the Telecom Council as a leading innovator that has made significant contributions to the wireless industry. Range Networks is dedicated to enhancing cellular networks through innovative and affordable solutions for rural and remote communities around the world."
About Range Networks
Range Networks is the future of cellular networks. Founded by the inventors of OpenBTS, the Company provides the only commercial open source cellular system. Range Networks' products are made in the U.S.A., and are simple to deploy and manage at a fraction of the cost of alternative solutions. Based on open standards, Range Networks provides connectivity to existing 2G/3G and 4G networks to rural communities, remote outposts and emergency crews. Additional information is available at: www.rangenetworks.com.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.