Fire damages Big Island home - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Fire damages Big Island home

Posted: Updated:
© Paul Miyasaki © Paul Miyasaki
© Paul Miyasaki © Paul Miyasaki
HILO, BIG ISLAND (HawaiiNewsNow) -

Big Island firefighters battled a house fire Friday morning in Hilo.  

Crews were called to the home at 475 Kawailani Street around 6 a.m.

Traffic in the area came to a crawl as police rerouted traffic while firefighters fought the flames.

No injuries were reported.  

The cause is under investigation, however investigators suspect a possible electrical malfunction with a dryer.

Property loss is estimated at $80,000.  Two vehicle were also involved in the fire at a loss of approximately $20,000.

 

Copyright 2013 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.